Absolute best channel for you?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by magicjellybeans, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Whats the absolute best channel out there?FOr me its the new addition to Sirius ,Willies Place channel 64 ,absolute least talk ,they play all good classic country ,I would change the name to Truckers jukebox ,cause man this channel is the longets playing jukebox I ever heard.Wow and I really aint that big a fan of country ,guess at 36 youre tastes change ?Then again I always wanted to be a trucker....Now at least I am one in my mind when I listen to channel 64 ,thanks sirius-xm.And thanks for that extra repeater strength in rutherford,nj now I can listen in the house .http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/images/smilies/bigthumbup.gif

2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

The Bridge (when it's on) is best suited for my musical tastes. A perfect blend of hits and lesser known songs by some of my favorite artists.

In The Bridge's absence, I'd say my absolute best channel is the 80's on 8... the soundtrack of my youth!

Sorry, I guess I gave you two channels. :cool:

3. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

Super Shuffle, I would listen to that in the car and at work on my work computer but because of the merge it got replaced. Right now I would have to say NHL Home Ice 208 (Best of XM) I am a big hockey fan and always have it on, if I had to choose a music station it would probably be Sirius Hits 1.

4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Alt nation, and Octane lately. At least, for music.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The Bridge, Pop2K (one of my new favorites) The Loft and Doctor Radio. These channels alone make Sat Radio worth having.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

These days it's a toss up between Alt Nation and First Wave.

It used to be, (everybody sing along now) Boombox.

I know I sound like a broken record. . . . but I prefer to think of it as loops.

7. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

My favorite channels change with time. For the past few months it has been First Wave, Sirius 22. I have been listening to Sirius for over 5 years and still discovering new channels.

8. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Sirius channel 124 (NFL) was the number one reason I subscribed. Since then I've enjoyed browsing the other channels and broadening my horizons. Moving the Chains with Tim and Pat 2-6pm CST. Is the highlight of my day. I do a lot of music channel recording to fill in the other parts of my day.

9. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Also, I am slowly starting to love the Loft, 29. Some of it I tune out, but 80% of the songs are stuff I never heard before, its not the kind of music I'd download or buy, but hearing it on 29 makes me realize how good it is, its turning me on to a whole new genre of music.

10. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I mainly enjoy Octane, Liquid Metal and The Highway.

11. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Liquid Metal and Boneyard (when it returns, and it had better be the XM channel and not shitty Buzzsaw with a new name)

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Talk/Sports = NASCAR

Music = AltNation, 60s on 6

:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

13. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

The Bridge and Classic Vinyl, definitely on the top of list.

14. lronglien

lronglien Member

70s on 7.

15. buckeye96

buckeye96 Member

Boombox and Backspin.

16. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

I've been stuck between 19,21,22,24,33,39.

I'll just bounce around until I hit a good run of tunage...which isn't very long on Pop2k. (f'n Fergie has GOT to be one of the worst female singers going. Sings like she's sucking a sausage at the same time)

17. SubSonic

SubSonic New Member

I like too many to name one: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Elvis, Hair Nation, Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Deep Tracks, Octane, Liquid Metal, The Loft, The Highway, The Roadhouse, Willie's Place, Bluegrass Junction, The Message, enLighten, Praise, NASCAR, NFL, PGA, Sirius Patriot, Fox News, Bloomberg...and that's just a few of the presets...lol

Since I was child in the 70s and a teen in the 80s tho, I have say that the Classic channels (Vinyl and Rewind), 70s and Hair Nation are what I listen to most often.

18. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

Music:
    It used to be Left of Center/SiriusXM U but Blog Radio is slowly killing it for me so I've been listening to Alt Nation more.

First Wave, BPM, Area (I miss Boombox) 90's on 9, 80's on 8, The Pulse, Pop 2k pretty much round out my usuals. I try to listen to The Spectrum from time to time and will rock Lithium on occasion.

I want to like The Loft. I really do but it just makes me miss Disorder.

Talk:
    Howard 100/101, Stars too and NFL.

But to answer your question, I would say when it comes to music I listen to Alt Nation the most but overall my radio is on Howard 100/101 more than anything else period.

19. siriusdude

siriusdude Member

While I have many stations I will listen to the tops ones woukd have to be:

Talk radio:ESPN Radio
    Music: Sirius Love(now that Moving Easy is gone) and 70s on 7.

20. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I used to listen to Chill more often but lately I have found it is a beat to upbeat for me.