A thank you to "tj"

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
It's already been over a month since "TJ's last show on Channel ( 5 ) has been cancelled, the music of the Doo-Wop Era.

I'm not going to go on and drag this out but I know that the reason I waited this long is that I thought maybe just maybe Sirius would have a change of heart and bring him back....

"TJ" this is my Thank You Note for trying so hard to keeping the music alive that some of us love, you did everything you could to do so.

The three hours on Wednesday will not be forgotten and neither will you! I feel that we your fans became a family ( distance one's ) but for sure a family.

I hope that I can speak for all of your fans and say "Thank You for all of the memories that with each song you played was something special to each of us in it's own way.

Wishing you and your real Family nothing but Happiness and may your life be filled with Balloons always reaching for the stars.................

You will be missed :eek:

diane

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
deedee,
Sorry about losing your one of your favorite shows. I was wondering if you had given the new 50's channel a listen. Big changes since the channel merger!

They appear to have one doo-wop show, but it's only for an hour.

Cool Bobby B's Doo-Wop Shop
Friday 12 - 1 am ET
Saturday 11 am - Noon ET
Bobby B spins the street corner with a cappella harmony known as doo-wop. You'll hear the essential sounds of early rock and roll on the hippest show on the radio.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Rock & Roll Music Radio ? Listen to ?50s Rock Music on Sirius Satellite Radio ? ?50s on 5

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
deedee,
Sorry about losing your one of your favorite shows. I was wondering if you had given the new 50's channel a listen. Big changes since the channel merger!

They appear to have one doo-wop show, but it's only for an hour.

Cool Bobby B's Doo-Wop Shop
Friday 12 - 1 am ET
Saturday 11 am - Noon ET
Bobby B spins the street corner with a cappella harmony known as doo-wop. You'll hear the essential sounds of early rock and roll on the hippest show on the radio.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Rock & Roll Music Radio ? Listen to ?50s Rock Music on Sirius Satellite Radio ? ?50s on 5

Hello Aaron, ;)

You are so very nice!! I have listen to the show not bad the only thing is that with "TJ" we were allowed to call in with what we wanted ( I guess I became spoiled, oh well ). Also he was special........

I thought about you and "Movin' Easy" I know that was one of your favorites, I'm sorry about that!!

I luv your "spirit".......

diane

katyinc

Feb 13, 2009
Diane,I like you am lost without TJ, he was so much a part of Wednesday night life in this house, I would lay for 3 hours and not move, just lay down and go into my own world of memories, listen to TJ spin the tunes, I learned so much about the songs and the artists from him I was not even into Doo Wop until I heard his show and I fell in love with the music, it is a kind all its own, nothing can compare, it was fun, loving, not hateful or nasty. He made us all feel like a friend, he was so awesome, still is and I have tried with all I have to get that man back, but it seems like the biggies, lol, up at Sirius XM think that Cool Bobby, HA!! is better, I assume he is cheaper, that is why they are keeping him, he is a taped show, nothing like TJ, you would call him up with a request and within 5 minutes you were on the show, with the song you requested, he never did not have a record that you asked for. I cried that last night, never thought I would cry over a radio show, but you, as I, know what TJ is, a man for the people. I see now that Bobby is pulled back an hour till 10 PM on Sunday nights, so I assume he is not going over as great as they thought, that is because he will never, ever come close to what TJ had with his audience, a closeness, a family type setting, a caring that is not heard too very often these days. The amazing thing is, you could call him and then call two weeks later and he would remember you. I loved him best for all he did for PBS, that to me was way out of sight, for him I become a family member, I think that was the least I could do for the man who gave me three hours of the best time of my week. You can catch TJ now on www:WJRZ.com on Sunday nights from 7 to 11, he plays a mix from the 50's to the 80's and I am still hearing music I never heard before, he is truly amazing. And it is all request and you are hearing a lot more people from Sirius calling in. They have an 800 number to call for people online. I did not think I could get into this mix, but after hearing the show a few times, he just made you fall in love with it. He has the MAGIC touch. Give it a try, you will not regret it. Also on Saturday nights on that station from 7 till midnight is Joe Stephens, he plays doo wop and oldies and that is all request also. Fantastic shows. Sirius made such a big error taking that wonderful friend off, but they will lose in the end. You get what you pay for and we doo wop lovers sure am not getting much, well, I do not listen to it anymore, as I cannot take listening to doo wop being lowered as it is being done on Sirius now. So sad. You said such beautiful words of TJ, I ditto them all, I think the man is an ICON. Too bad Sirius does not think so. Their lose too. Take care, hope to hear you over the internet soon!!!! as for Sirius:(

Last edited:

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Diane,I like you am lost without TJ, he was so much a part of Wednesday night life in this house, I would lay for 3 hours and not move, just lay down and go into my own world of memories, listen to TJ spin the tunes, I learned so much about the songs and the artists from him I was not even into Doo Wop until I heard his show and I fell in love with the music, it is a kind all its own, nothing can compare, it was fun, loving, not hateful or nasty. He made us all feel like a friend, he was so awesome, still is and I have tried with all I have to get that man back, but it seems like the biggies, lol, up at Sirius XM think that Cool Bobby, HA!! is better, I assume he is cheaper, that is why they are keeping him, he is a taped show, nothing like TJ, you would call him up with a request and within 5 minutes you were on the show, with the song you requested, he never did not have a record that you asked for. I cried that last night, never thought I would cry over a radio show, but you, as I, know what TJ is, a man for the people. I see now that Bobby is pulled back an hour till 10 PM on Sunday nights, so I assume he is not going over as great as they thought, that is because he will never, ever come close to what TJ had with his audience, a closeness, a family type setting, a caring that is not heard too very often these days. The amazing thing is, you could call him and then call r and he would remember you. I loved him best for all he did for PBS, that to me was way out of sight, for him I become a family member, I think that was the least I could do for the man who gave me three hours of the best time of my week. You can catch TJ now on www:WJRZ.com on Sunday nights from 7 to 11, he plays a mix from the 50's to the 80's and I am still hearing music I never heard before, he is truly amazing. And it is all request and you are hearing a lot more people from Sirius calling in. They have an 800 number to call for people online. I did not think I could get into this mix, but after hearing the show a few times, he just made you fall in love with it. He has the MAGIC touch. Give it a try, you will not regret it. Also on Saturday nights on that station from 7 till midnight is Joe Stephens, he plays doo wop and oldies and that is all request also. Fantastic shows. Sirius made such a big error taking that wonderful friend off, but they will lose in the end. You get what you pay for and we doo wop lovers sure am not getting much, well, I do not listen to it anymore, as I cannot take listening to doo wop being lowered as it is being done on Sirius now. So sad. You said such beautiful words of TJ, I ditto them all, I think the man is an ICON. Too bad Sirius does not think so. Their lose too. Take care, hope to hear you over the internet soon!!!! as for Sirius:(

Hello Katyinc I'm sorry that it has taken me this long to respond back to you. I have to say I enjoyed also your input with reference to "TJ".

I'm not sure when you started to listen to the doo wop show but before TJ there was a really great DJ named Bob Thomas who had the doo wop time on Sunday nights he signed off on his show one Sunday Night and said what he would be playing the following Sunday - well the next Sunday came but they forgot to let Bob go on we all didn't know what happened - the "what happened" was they just let him go we all were very hurt by their decision and of cause felt very bad for Bob.... I believe there was a female DJ in between Bob and TJ ( I'm sorry but I just can't seem to remember her name ) they also let her go ( here today gone tomorrow )

Then TJ came along and all was right again ( still missed Bob ).. I will totally agree TJ's show was really like a family it was a really big mistake for Sirius to let him go - I no longer listen to channel ( 5 ) also I have called TJ for a request and he was so cool he played my song but also one of my favorite groups which I would always call in for ( that's a special someone )

Well you never know maybe one day Sirius will see what a big mistake they made not just with doo wop but so many of the other channels that their other customer's have lost........ :idunno: