3GS (Invisible Shield) or Cases

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I put that Anti-glare screen on my iPhone and did it right, so I have no bubbles. However, I have to say.. I HATE IT! It makes the display very fuzzy looking, it drives me nuts, I would imagine by the weekend I'll have that thing off there.

I have to say it is great with the glare and fingerprints even compared to the Zagg Invisible Shield, but I'll take a few fingerprints and smudges over an always fuzzy looking display.

I was showing someone some pictures today at the office and they were like wow I really like your new phone, but that display sucks. I was like I know it is the screen shield, so it isn't just me!

I guess I should have just stuck with my Invisible Shield!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I really don't like the invisible shield. It defeats the purpose of having a touchscreen to begin with. I do however, clean the screen RELIGIOUSLY with that little silk cloth thing that comes with the phone.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I really don't like the invisible shield. It defeats the purpose of having a touchscreen to begin with. I do however, clean the screen RELIGIOUSLY with that little silk cloth thing that comes with the phone.

What is it about it that you don't like? It has no impact on the usability of the touch screen. I have thought about going naked ( I mean the display on my phone LOL) but I am just paranoid to possible scratch it. No amount of rubbing with that little silk cloth thing is going to get those out! ;)

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
My son has had the Griffin Clarifi case for a few days now. He rates it a thumbs up and really likes it. It comes with a static screen protector, but he may remove it from his iPhone in the future. Now that I have seen and played with the daughter's InCase and son's Griffin Clarifi I would go with the black InCase due to the feel of the case. The white InCase is slick plastic and don't like it.

The Griffin Clarifi has the same tacky feel on the top and bottom 1/3 of the case (as the black InCase) with the middle slick like the white InCase . The Griffin Clarifi is less expensive and has the magnifier for the close up photos. Both offer equal protection, equal construction and operate the same; it's just a matter of money and personal choice of feel.

I paid $21.45 for the Clarifi and $34 for the InCase plus tax.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My son has had the Griffin Clarifi case for a few days now. He rates it a thumbs up and really likes it. It comes with a static screen protector, but he may remove it from his iPhone in the future. Now that I have seen and played with the daughter's InCase and son's Griffin Clarifi I would go with the black InCase due to the feel of the case. The white InCase is slick plastic and don't like it.

The Griffin Clarifi has the same tacky feel on the top and bottom 1/3 of the case (as the black InCase) with the middle slick like the white InCase . The Griffin Clarifi is less expensive and has the magnifier for the close up photos. Both offer equal protection, equal construction and operate the same; it's just a matter of money and personal choice of feel.

I paid $21.45 for the Clarifi and $34 for the InCase plus tax.

Thanks Rich that is a great review and comparison of both products. I am very, very happy with my Black matte finished InCase Slider. I took it off my iPhone last night and wiped the phone down really good and also cleaned the case itself using some eye class cleaner and a microfiber cloth. I notice no scratched on my iPhone whatsoever, so the design is great for protecting every other aspect of the iPhone except the display itself.

I think you said one of your kids had the antiglare screen protector? They have not noticed that fuzziness? I took mine off just today and I was like WOW, I got my vivid display back! The Invisible Shield does not impede the veiwability of the display as it is pretty clear. I did go through the day with a naked display, so I showed my buddy those pictures again today that complained about my display and he was like. NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

You are correct though it all boils down to individual choices and that is what I like about most Apple products is that there are so darn many accessories for them.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
My deal with them is it's not that easy to slide across a screen with a shield on it, and it makes the screen that much blurrier in the process. I thought about it until I saw one with it, and immediately changed my mind. I will likely get a rubberizedcase for the 3GS to keep it from slipping out of my hands, but beyond that I won't get a screen protector. I'll just be careful not to put it in the same pocket with my keys. Or beyond that use the DLO Carrying case I have now, similar to the one in this thread for the 3GS.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
.....I think you said one of your kids had the antiglare screen protector? They have not noticed that fuzziness? I took mine off just today and I was like WOW, I got my vivid display back! ....

The daughter has the antiglare screen protector and seems very pleased with it. She just told me as I was typing this response "it feels cool and it does not leave fingerprints".

I did notice the screen protector that comes with the Clarifi darkened the display more than I would like, but the son still has it on his iPhone.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My deal with them is it's not that easy to slide across a screen with a shield on it, and it makes the screen that much blurrier in the process.

I do agree that using the device the finger doesn't glide as easily across the screen with the Invisible Shield, some even say it is a lent magnet, but in terms of it blurring the display, I've had them on a multitude of devices and I've never noted that behavior. I think that is more about how they are put on because if you put them on right they are pretty much clear! I have seen some put on very poorly they look terrible.

I may just go nakid for awhile! LOL

The daughter has the antiglare screen protector and seems very pleased with it. She just told me as I was typing this response "it feels cool and it does not leave fingerprints".

I did notice the screen protector that comes with the Clarifi darkened the display more than I would like, but the son still has it on his iPhone.

Yeah those are certainly fingerprint and smudge resistant, but that fuzzy film look was just too much bare for me.