30 seconds between posts?

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Brian, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Brian

Brian Banned

30 seconds is a long time on the Internet these days. that's kinda long for the way I normally post on forums. 15 seconds seems about right.

2. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

30 seconds is more than enough. Have patience when post whoring. :)

3. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I need the 30 seconds... I generally take a sip of beer between posts.

4. MM

MM Administrator

I know we do not have that issue here.

5. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Over at SBS, you would have finished one beer and had already drank half of another one before your post was finally loaded. LOL :D

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree with Ernie, there is absolutely no need to be able to post sooner than 30 secs.

7. Brian

Brian Banned

With how fast internet speeds are these days, you can get to another thread and be ready with a reply within 20 seconds.

8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I am no having any issues with this and I certainly think I am pretty adapt at reading and responding. But anyway, the question is how many folks really find this to be an issue?

9. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I do find it a problem SOMETIMES, but more often then not I can wait another 10 seconds and post again. But there is a rare occasion where I finda post and want to reply within 30 seconds. However,I don't mind that much.

10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Thanks for the additonal feedback. It is so strange, I don't think I've ever encountered it. :) Maybe I am just slow! hehehehe

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I believe the 30 seconds between each post work fine for me.

12. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Perhaps we could just make each page take 30 seconds to load and eliminate the posting timeout. :D

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I think we tried that at SBS! LOL ;)

14. Brian

Brian Banned

[​IMG]

15. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

Just ringing in on an old topic, but the 30 second rule keeps people from accidently double posting or now ^Banned members from ranting on too many times...

^ = for those that don't know, this refers to the poster above me :lol:

16. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I have to agree. I doubt many people could legitimately read a thread and post within 30 seconds. On the other hand, many could easily stick an "oops" face two or three times in that time frame.