2020 Movies & TV Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Now this looks like an interesting doc. And it's something how they thought they were just pulling a prank for a reality show.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
They have those new, very lifelike animatronics of him in both coasts' Disney rides. I wonder if they will get rid of them? I doubt it because it would mean a major overhaul of the rides, he's in like 4 scenes and the whole thing leads up to the ending with him in a room with a pile of gold.

But then again, they did recently change it up to get rid of the scene with wenches being sold at auction so who knows?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I really hope this winds up being good but it has very little chance of living up to the original masterpiece of cinematic comedy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I really hope this winds up being good but it has very little chance of living up to the original masterpiece of cinematic comedy.

Eddie Murphy is either Bomb or Bust even with original movies. A sequel to this classic can't help but be a disappointment.

I love the reference to Trading Places in the original movie. That made the movie right there.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

We actually watched the original about a month ago. Great comedy. It's fun seeing the doctor from ER as the jerky boyfriend.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Midnight Sky - The new George Clooney movie on Netflix, is not good. Cool premise but that's about it. Don't waste your time.

2/5

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The Midnight Sky - The new George Clooney movie on Netflix, is not good. Cool premise but that's about it. Don't waste your time.

2/5
A day late on your advice. Mrs. Scotch heard his interview on Stern, plus he's Clooney, so we watched it on x-mas eve. The more I think about it, the dumber it gets. I guess Covid had a big impact on the filming.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I watched a really good movie on Prime yesterday.

Sound of Metal - It's about this drummer in a metal band with his gf and he goes deaf. The movie is not so much about the music (I couldn't care less about metal) as it is the drummer's struggle to deal with going deaf as an adult. It's one of the best movies I've seen in 2020. Definitely worth a watch.

4.5/5

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I still haven't finished ST:TNG and now I made what may prove to be a bad decision in terms of wasting time by starting Stargate SG1. Never saw it before and I'm always down for a good sifi show. This may hold me over until all the episodes of the new season of The Expanse have aired on Prime. I hate how Prime is doing the weekly release thing now with big shows like The Boys and The Expanse.

I very well may give up on this and just go back to rewatching the Matt Smith years of Doctor Who. Those episodes always make me happy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I still haven't finished ST:TNG and now I made what may prove to be a bad decision in terms of wasting time by starting Stargate SG1. Never saw it before and I'm always down for a good sifi show. This may hold me over until all the episodes of the new season of The Expanse have aired on Prime. I hate how Prime is doing the weekly release thing now with big shows like The Boys and The Expanse.
You need to finish ST:TNG. They ended it quite well.