2018 Drc Music Madness #2

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm going have to reschedule the schedule until we get closer to 256 artists/bands. So far 38 are in and there still 218 to go.

Probably to help push this along faster, I can easily take top 100 from these links below.

Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Artists : Page 1

Rolling Stone: 100 Greatest Artists of All Time

The Best Rock Bands of All Time

Top 100 Classic Rock Artists

and whatever else I can find. I won't personally nominate them they can be thrown in the tournament like the Beatles has. If that ok if everybody or do you guys want to start nominating more bands.

Plus I want to start pushing this long. I'm going to start a major job in a couple of weeks. That way the I will only have to concentrate on the brackets and have all the hard stuff knock out first.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Well, it took a couple of hours to complete this top 100 chart list from various websites. A couple I don't agree with, especially with rolling stone. A couple of artists, I never heard of and quite a few I don't know how they made the list of the ones in rap music. To me, personally ranker has the best list, but one thing all 5 agree with is the Beatles are #1.

If you guys want to start naming some from the charts below or if you don't mind, I will somehow merge all 5 charts together and figure out a ranking system on how average they are ranked and possibly throw them into the tournament, if nobody starts naming anything. For an example, The Rolling Stones are in the top 5 on all the charts but one, so they could be placed as #2.

Also, I will probably withdraw some bands, I nominated like Nickelback and Rick Astley and have real better ones instead. Because I am thinking of throwing away the nominating system for this tournament.

top100.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
After going through several websites, I found five that had a reasonable all-time top 100 list. I took all the charts and finally figured out a ranking system by calculating the mean method. I took the number of times the band was listed in each category, totaled there ranking number, divided by on each chart and figured out what place to seed them as seen below. The leftovers artists/bands were only listed once, so they didn't make the cut on the possibly Music Madness top 100 list.

I guess, if more artists/bands won't be named, then I'll probably take those 128 and add them to the tournament. Hopefully, another 128 can be named soon.

DRC.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'll probably make some kind announcement on the music tournament in a couple of days. I'll will still accept everybody nomination. But the 30 I named earlier will probably most likely be removed and I'll just name a few on that list to fill the other remaining 128 spots and so I can stay on schedule for this tournament.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Right ahead of Nickelback?

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

For the remaining 128 spots, I will probably setup ranking order poll and let you guys decide where the rest will be seeded.

If Nickelback receives more votes then Dexys Midnight Run, then yes.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I really want to stack up against the competition with great talent artists/bands, so they can compete against the top 128. After going through last year Music Madness and viewing the charts below. I took artists/bands that did and didn't make the tournament, that received 4 and 5 votes. Once it is completed, I will post it later today for those who are participating in the 2018 DRC Music Madness #2. There will be extra slots for anyone who wants to name a band that isn't on the list.

Drc March Madness

bracket-png.3651

wildcard-png.3650

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Sorry if I keep changing things around, but as I have mentioned. I really want to make this Music Madness more successful than last year. I have eliminated strategic play and nominating for credit. This year Music Madness #2 will contain 256 artists/bands. So far this tournament contains 162 artists/bands, with 94 spots still open.

128 - Top 128 with seed #s.
26 - Last Year User Picks & Wildcard Winners
8 - Named For The Tournament

I would like to thank IRBS for suggesting on using other websites to creating a ranking list, which worked out nicely and semi explaining the ranking order system, which will come in handy for the music madness.

With the current 34 named and with 94 spots remaining. Once that is finally completed, I will set up a ranking point system to fill in the remaining seeds of 129 - 256. The madness is still on schedule and for now, this is the last update, until more bands have been named. If more names haven't been added by end of the week, then I will probably throw in more from my leftover category.

2018 DRC Music Madness.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks Madison, R.E.M. already in the top 128 and the rest has been added to list.