2018 Drc Music Madness #2

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Welcome to the ninth installment of the DRC Madness tournament bracket.

As explained in the Alcohol Madness, I'm starting the Music Madness a bit early. I want to give extra time for certain things. Since this madness will contain 256 artists/bands and the new ranking order poll.

I want to try and make this madness interesting which will include strategic play. Because bracket #1 will have The Beatles in it and I would suggest you would not submit all of your best artists/bands right away. Some might believe the Beatles might win it again unless you want to submit a strong band that might be able to take them out? I would suggest start thinking who you would like to nominate and save them for certain brackets. Because the first 63 artists/bands that are submitted they will be thrown in bracket #1 and I will get the ranking order poll started for that bracket. Same thing once again when the next 64 are submitted.

This madness won't be like last year madness, you won't have to nominate your top 10 and we have to vote for them. It now first come, first served. If you would like to start submitting any artists/bands that are still alive, dead, retired, etc and let the music madness begin early.

Also, the 1st round will start in March, mainly in February will be nominating and the ranking order poll.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I'm not nominating the Beatles as they already won and secured there #1 seed in Bracket #1. But if you would like to nominate them for your group and possibly win the music madness like how memebag did last year.

I'll probably nominate like several artists/bands in each bracket and here are my first 5, with my one of my strongest contenders.

AC/DC
Disturbed
Slipknot
Tim McGraw
Village People

Just 58 spots left in bracket #1.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Why predetermine brackets? Rank all 256 then put 1 in bracket 1, 2, in bracket 2, 3 in bracket 3, 4 in bracket 5, 5 in bracket 1, 6 in bracket 2, 7 in bracket 3, 8 in bracket 4 and then keep going.. Keeping original ordering in the brackets then set up your matchups.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I see your point and I like it. It was the same way how the tv shows madness was done. But I placed them in alphabet order.

But I don't know if everybody wants to rank 256 items at one time?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I see your point and I like it. It was the same way how the tv shows madness was done. But I placed them in alphabet order.

But I don't know if everybody wants to rank 256 items at one time?
For music there has to be rankings already available.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Oh come on, that was the greatest pop artists of all time. I love that chart list, I wouldn't agree that Maroon 5 would be #1. Matchbox Twenty is a better band and P!nk is in the top 5?

Last edited:

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Either way, I removed the 5 that I suggested and Beatles will be #1 in bracket 1.

I like IRBS suggestion similar to how the tv madness was done.

Why predetermine brackets? Rank all 256 then put 1 in bracket 1, 2, in bracket 2, 3 in bracket 3, 4 in bracket 5, 5 in bracket 1, 6 in bracket 2, 7 in bracket 3, 8 in bracket 4 and then keep going.. Keeping original ordering in the brackets then set up your matchups.
Most of these charts only show top 100 and 101 - 264 would have to be figured out somehow.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I rather avoid randomly ranking, favoritism could be played somewhere. The 101 - 256 could be done with the ranking order system, I created. It may take a while to vote, it would be 100 fewer bands to vote on. Plus if I play with the charts just right if somebody average around the same area. Then they could be placed as 101, 102 and so on.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I know I started this early and it was good to discuss this to iron out some of the details. Here is the new game plan, strategic playing and first 64 nominations thrown in each bracket will now be thrown out.

Once everybody suggests 264 artists/bands, then I will start the ranking system from those charts. If somebody can't be placed somewhere then they will be placed in the ranking order system.

As again Beatles will be #1, if somebody wants to nominate them for credit and there are 263 spots left.

Here is the schedule for the 2018 DRC Music Madness #2, time slots will be filled in later.

Nominating = Now till Sat, Feb 24th
Ranking System - Sun, Feb 25th - Sat, Mar 3rd
1st Round - 256 = Sun, Mar 4th - Wed, Mar 7th
2nd Round - 128 = Wed, Mar 7th - Sat, Mar 10th
3rd Round - 64 = Sun, Mar 11th - Wed, Mar 14th
4th Round - 32 = Wed, Mar 14th - Sat, Mar 17th
Sweet 16 = Sun, Mar 18th - Wed, Mar 21st
Elite 8 = Wed, Mar 21st - Sat, Mar 24th
Final Four = Sun, Mar 25th - Wed, Mar 28th
Championship = Wed, Mar 28th - Sun, Mar 31st

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
It took me a while, but I finally narrowed my list down to 30 artists/bands. I didn't want to nominate all the best bands, so I removed them to give others on my list a chance.

I went through last year Drc March Madness thread and saw some I wanted in. They either didn't receive enough votes to earn a bracket slot, but either way they are in now.

Alan Jackson
Billy Idol
Billy Joel
Bon Jovi
Dolly Parton
Duran Duran
Eagles
Elton John
Huey Lewis & The News
Journey
Linkin Park
Lionel Richie
Live
Madonna
Matchbox Twenty
Metallica
Nickelback
Ozzy Osbourne
Phil Collins
Queen
Rick Astley
Rob Zombie
Sheryl Crow
The Beach Boys
Tim McGraw
Tina Turner
Tool
Train
Village People
Wham!

There are now 225 slots left in the music madness.