2018 Drc Alcohols Madness

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Welcome to the eighth installment of the DRC Madness tournament bracket.

Alcohols won the voting and the rules for submitting any alcohols brands are simply any beer, champagne, hard liquor, and wine brands. Please do not submit any mixology and any Non-Alcoholic drink brands. Mixology one day will be its own madness bracket, I want this to simply be all alcohol brands.

The bracket will either be a 64 or 128. If we go over 64 and can't reach 128, then I will modify the other bracket to a half of bracket.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Here are my early submissions.

Baileys Irish Cream
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
Grey Goose
Jack Daniels
Jose Cuervo Tequila
Smirnoff Vodka

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Wolf: for my sanity, please note that the plural of "alcohol" is "alcohol".

I will submit:
Balvenie Single-Malt Scotch Whiskey
Talisker Single-Malt Scotch Whiskey
Glenmorangie Single-Malt Scotch Whiskey
Macallan Single-Malt Scotch Whiskey
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum
Patron Anejo Tequila
Eagle Rare Bourbon Whiskey
Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard Beer
Stone Brewing Double Bastard Beer
Founders Brewing Dirty Bastard Beer
Allagash Tripel Beer
Ipswich Ale
Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout
The Alchemist Heady Topper Ale
Harpoon Flannel Friday Ale
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Wolf: for my sanity, please note that the plural of "alcohol" is "alcohol".

huh? Don't you mean.

plural of "alcohol" is "alcohols"?

The title of the thread does have "s" at the end of alcohol. Maybe your going madness already? :laugh:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Quick question, do you guys want to try and rank these alcohols once the tournament is set or I'll randomly select everything and they won't be in alphabet order.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
huh? Don't you mean.

plural of "alcohol" is "alcohols"?

The title of the thread does have "s" at the end of alcohol. Maybe your going madness already? :laugh:
NO. It's Alcohol Madness, not Alcohols madness. Alcohols isn't a word. Someone will ask, "what kinds of alcohol do you have in your bar?" The only people who say alcohols are people who don't speak english.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
NO. It's Alcohol Madness, not Alcohols madness. Alcohols isn't a word. Someone will ask, "what kinds of alcohol do you have in your bar?" The only people who say alcohols are people who don't speak english.
"Alcohols" is a word, though it isn't generally used when describing alcoholic drinks. In chemistry, if you were discussing methanol and ethanol, for instance, you would describe them as "alcohols". See Alcohol - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Here is my list. I haven't read all above so likely some duplicates.

Jack Daniels Bourbon
Jim Beam Bourbon
Bacardi White Rum
Captain Morgan White Rum
Bacardi Dark Rum
Captain Morgan Dark Rum

Reactions: Wolf

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Here is my list. I haven't read all above so likely some duplicates.

Jack Daniels Bourbon

I submitted just Jack Daniels and you added Bourbon, I could add Whiskey to mine for no confusion. Plus there are so many similar types of alcohol. Once I get home and add everything to the spreadsheet, then I will really know what has been submitted.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

Originally I was going to call it Alcohol Madness. But since we are going to submit so many different types of alcohols, that why I added the "s" for plural. Either way, I knew somebody was going to saying something about the wording "alcohol" and "alcohols". But either way it madness.

I also like watching this show on Tru TV "Adam Ruins Everything" he literary breaks down everything and they had an episode on the proper usage of the English grammar. The show isn't a cartoon, they turn that episode and used it as the magic school bus version.

Adam Ruins Everything - Adam Ruins What We Learned in School - truTV.com

Why Grammar Rules Aren’t Always Exact

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I submitted just Jack Daniels and you added Bourbon, I could add Whiskey to mine for no confusion. Plus there are so many similar types of alcohol. Once I get home and add everything to the spreadsheet, then I will really know what has been submitted.

Bourbon is a type of whisky. They are the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Bourbon is a type of whisky. They are the same thing.

FAQs

IS JACK DANIEL'S A BOURBON?
Jack Daniel's is not a bourbon - it's a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack Daniel's is dripped slowly - drop-by-drop - through ten feet of firmly packed charcoal (made from hard sugar maple) before going into new charred oak barrels for maturing. This special process gives Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey its rare smoothness. It's this extra step - charcoal mellowing – that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey. Take a look at our Process section for more information about how Jack Daniel’s is made.

So it's Jack Daniel's Whiskey not Jack Daniel's Bourbon, like we have the user "whiskeyandcigar" :p

jack-daniels-whiskey.jpg

Reactions: memebag

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
No one calls Jack Daniels a bourbon, even though it is.

I always assumed it was. I see that to be called a bourbon you need to have 51% corn and be brewed a certain way. My guess is JD doesn't do one of those things. But I always find JD & Jim Beam interchangeable if a bar does not stock one. I prefer JD (with coke of course).

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I always assumed it was. I see that to be called a bourbon you need to have 51% corn and be brewed a certain way. My guess is JD doesn't do one of those things. But I always find JD & Jim Beam interchangeable if a bar does not stock one. I prefer JD (with coke of course).
JD does all of those things and is technically bourbon, but for marketing purposes they refuse the name and say they are "Tennessee Whiskey".

Coke destroys Jack.