2017 Movie Madness

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Drc March Madness

Back in March we had the 2017 Music Madness and it started a bit rough, but it finally took off. Now a few months had went by and I thought we can try the another madness for movies. Pretty similar rules like the music madness, but since there are like a million movies out there. I was thinking of different ways of doing this, but I just want to make this simple as possible for the first year. So here the options:

We can simply think of your top 10 movies of all-time or we can go by movie categories like horror, comedy, action, etc. and think of your top 10 of all-time for each movie category?

The bracket amount will depend on how many users will participate into this. So which option sounds good and hopefully we can get this started sometime early in September.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Couple more things, this time I rather try and avoid a wild card bracket, unless if we have to?

Also, when we start thinking of our movies. Most of us will probably have duplicates, so somebody will probably have substitute there choice for another movie.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like it.

Obviously Die Hard will win. Or The Three Amigos (the throw away vote for overlooked and repressed working class voters in the midwest).

My Top 10 (my desert island list not necessarily the best movies of all time):
1. Die Hard
2. Naked Gun
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
4. Ghostbusters (the first one)
5. The Green Mile
6. Star Wars IV
7. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
8. Animal House
9. Footloose (the 80s one with Kevin Bacon not that crappy rap one from a couple of years ago)
10. Caddyshack

Please don't pit my movies against each other in the first round like you did with Music Madness. And please, no Nickelback concert videos.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
How do you guys come up with your lists so fast? I have like 5 or 6 but I will have to think about and struggle with what movies to put on and take off the list for the last few slots.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Please don't pit my movies against each other in the first round like you did with Music Madness. And please, no Nickelback concert videos.
Oh no music videos? :(

I won't BBQ pit yours! ;) I like that idea, when the first round begins. Depends on how many we get here. I'll randomly select them and everybody will probably have maybe at least 2-3 at a time going up against each other in one voting thread.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
How do you guys come up with your lists so fast? I have like 5 or 6 but I will have to think about and struggle with what movies to put on and take off the list for the last few slots.
The top 4 are fixtures. Each film I see might break into the top 4. The others are just films I like at the moment I make the list.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
No problem I won't move forward until everybody submitted there list or probably update it at a later time.
Cool. I think Semi is right, a few days or a week should be more than enough time to put a solid top 10 together.

Reactions: semipenguin

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I just created my list and I have nearly 30 movies on it. Yea I won't be submitting anytime soon. I might have to rewatch couple to see if they qualify for my top list and there still tons I haven't seen if they will be added to my list.

So the ones who already submitted your list, you can take it back or update it at anytime. The deadline will probably be established in couple of weeks.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I just created my list and I have nearly 30 movies on it. Yea I won't be submitting anytime soon.
I have the opposite issue. I put together a top 6 right away but now am struggling with the the last 4.