2009 Tournament discussion thread

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
christmas-tree-presents.jpg

Less than one hour away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what your Final Four in Detroit will (hopefully) look like:

97.gif
222.gif

41.gif
201.gif

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Anyone get that CBS College Sports Network? I think they're doing a free trial on DirecTV right now because I normally don't get it. Pretty good channel, at least it is right now with the Tournament going on. I find that Tracy Wolfson strangely attractive. She's no Erin Andrews (who is?) but still...not bad.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Jim Calhoun sick - won't be coaching UCONN today...Memphis looks terrible...Go LSU!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah Memphis didn't play very well. That Roburt Sallie kid hit 10 3-pointers though, wow. Butler couldn't ever get over the hump...I think they took the lead maybe once or twice, but LSU hung on. The A&M game was never in doubt.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Hey if Ty Lawson's toe is still bothering him tomorrow and he can't be effective, you never know. LSU is certainly worthy of hanging with UNC and could possibly pull the upset. I wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen.

Man, Villanova nearly gave me a heart attack last night. Ten down at halftime, 14 down in the 2nd half...American couldn't miss from 3-point land for a while there. But they inevitably cooled off. Thankfully. 'Nova going down would have killed my bracket.

Anyone see Blake Griffin get body slammed last night? A lot of credit to this guy...he's taken a number of hits this season but he never retaliates.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLL6OO-zPwI]YouTube - Morgan State player takes down Blake Griffin ... literally[/ame]

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Bruce Pearl = overrated

Travis Ford = next head coach of Kentucky (if UK has any smarts at all)

Tennessee/Oklahoma State = best game of the Tourney so far

Big XII is 5-0...Mizzou can make it a perfect first round.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Florida State is putting a beatdown on Wisconsin 31-19, 30 seconds before half.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Florida State is putting a beatdown on Wisconsin 31-19, 30 seconds before half.

Ya never know what can happen in a SINGLE elimination tournament. Wisconsin wins.

My Buckeyes lose to Siena in double overtime. I tip my Reds cap to them (Siena). :( The Buckeyes are young........

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I think what really hurt Wisconsin this year was the change of the 3 point line. Harder to make 3 pointers, more space to defend against faster, stronger talented teams. That was a nice win to feel good about after such a long season.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
What a game last night between WKU and Gonzaga! Look for the Zags to upset UNC next round.

Dominic James of Marquette has been cleared to play today. Not sure how much he'll be able to contribute, but it's good news for my bracket.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
And the Final Four is set! Two of them!

In the irrelevant CBI (College Basketball Invitational), you've got Richmond, UTEP, Stanford, and Oregon State. And in the even more obscure CIT (CollegeInsider.com Tournament), the last four standing are Bradley, Pacific, James Madison, and Old Dominion. Awesome.

Actually, Bradley's win over Oakland (Michigan) last night was pretty exciting, I guess. They hit a 70-footer to win the game - 70-Foot Game-Winner - ESPN Video - ESPN

CBI bracket - http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/cbi09_bracket.pdf

CIT info - The 2009 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Of the eight games on Thursday and Friday, which ONE are you looking forward to the most?

Thursday's games - Purdue/UConn, Xavier/Pittsburgh, Mizzou/Memphis, and Villanova/Duke

Friday's games - Arizona/ Louisville, Syracuse/Oklahoma, Kansas/Michigan State, and Gonzaga/UNC

For me, I think it's the Gonzaga/North Carolina matchup. I've got the Zags in the upset, so I'll be excited to see how well they play and if they can actually pull it off. In their losses this season, UNC has been completely burned by good point guard play (Tyrese Rice, Greivis Vasquez, Jeff Teague), and Jeremy Pargo is as good as any...so...that was my thinking there.

In case you missed it, a monster dunk from Pargo in the first round against Akron....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK7UTUzJHZM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
I definitely look forward to the Mizzou/Memphis matchup. I just hope Mizzou don't play as lousy as they did in the 2nd half against Marquette.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm most looking forward to Arizona / Louisville.

I picked Arizona to beat Utah in the 1st round. I should have had more confidence in them to go further.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I too would have to say Missouri and Memphis sounds interesting. If Memphis were to get back in the title game would be amazing, considering all the talent they lost coming into this season.