1st Wave

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Bandit 5160, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Is this channel really "70s and 80s Aternative"? To me, it mainly just plays 80s pop/rock stuff most of the time. But I do like Madison on there in the afternoons...she's funny, and seems the type of gal I could talk into the sack!:p

2. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

They do play a decent amount of 70's stuff: The Police, Sex Pistols, Pretenders, Roxy Music, Iggy Pop, Siouxsie and the Banshees and David Bowie. Alternative was in its formative years back then, which is why 1st Wave plays more 80's.

3. MM

MM Administrator

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Madison's the best...:)

5. Aladdin

Aladdin New Member

Madison Absolutely Blows

I absolutely dispise this woman. Gosh what a tool. I swerve sometimes almost getting into accidents trying to reach my button to turn her voice off the good name of alternative music. And she's on more than one channel. Ewww! Okay here is the beginning of my list. George Bush, Madison from first wave, Sarah Palin, Osama Bin Laden, ... geeze, gosh I soooooooo hate her.:right:

6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I love Madison! :flowers:

She's funny & makes listening to 1stWave & AltNation enjoyable :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Aladdin

Aladdin New Member

What???

OMG this woman has the sense of humor or a bag of hammers. Hey let me spell despise correctly just so as there are no misunderstandings! Her voice is like a thousand needles penetrating my eardrums all at once.

8. Aladdin

Aladdin New Member

Yah, funny as a bag of hammers!

I mean the woman is the biggest ditz in the history of radio. 86 this idiot already!:rolleyes:

9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

In before the (thread) LOCK.

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I like her too. I could get by without the singing though.

11. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I could get by without the unfunny. She doesn't make me want to kill except when she tries just a bit too hard.

Speaking of 1st Wave, is it just me or does it seem like they've actually tightened down the playlist again?? The other day I heard the same New Order song 3 mornings in a row, at around the same hour of the day. And I've been noticing a similar trend with some other artists, too. It might be that I'm listening more lately, but I dunno...

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think in general the play lists have tightened up some. They went deeper right after the merger, but have stepped back since then. Not sure why, they didn't ask me what they should do. :idunno:

I suppose there may be the outside chance that they may be repeating some of the set lists due to the holidays too. Just cutting in new talk between the tunes.
    I've been on vacation for the last two weeks, so I haven't been listening as much as I usually do.