Zune HD with HD Radio, and 720p video

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Looks pretty slick. I still like my itouch though. I've never been much of an all-in-one device guy but I like what this thing is capable of. I wonder what the battery life will be like?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm kind of surprised this isn't a phone as well as everything else. Microsoft was rumored to get into the iPhone/Blackberry market before too long, but I don't it's happening with the lack of success the Zune has had up to this point. And I really don't need HD Radio (or any radio) built in to an Mp3 player. Give me the option of downloading an app, then we'll see.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Yeah, apps would be rad! Especially if they were compatible for windows mobile. I just picked up an HTC Fuze for my new phone w/ windows mobile 6.1. I hope more apps start coming.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It also has a "satellite radio killer" (AKA HD radio) :rofl:

The device looks slick, but Microsoft has a high hurdle to clear to get to the "user friendly" level that Apple has with iPod/iTunes. I'd like to play around with one of those.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm kind of surprised this isn't a phone as well as everything else. Microsoft was rumored to get into the iPhone/Blackberry market before too long, but I don't it's happening with the lack of success the Zune has had up to this point. And I really don't need HD Radio (or any radio) built in to an Mp3 player. Give me the option of downloading an app, then we'll see.

It is convenient if you have an old school satrad with an FM transmitter.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
The back of this Zune HD looks kind of familiar...now where have I seen a back that has a combination of aluminum and black? Hmmmm...oh yeah, it's right in front of me!!

:D

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
it's one thing to have an hd chip in the thing. it's quite another to actually USE the thing when it isn't plugged in to a power source. they may have shrunk down the hd chip to something that can fit into a portable device, but if you can't stretch more than 4 hours of play out of it it's not worth it.

portable hd radios, attached to mp3 players or other stuff, will not take off unless you can get more than 8 or 9 hours of playtime out of a single charge.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The new iPhone is supposed to have something having to do with radio in the next hardware. Whether that's a simple radio transmitter, FM radio receiver, HD Radio, or (highly unlikely) Satellite radio is the question. Or it could be none of the above, since none of the recent rumors mention it.