Your favorite athlete?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Who is your favorite athlete? Notice I say athlete, singular. I'm sure we can all name multiple people, but let's keep it ultra exclusive here. It can be from any sport, any team, any time, anyone...but just make it one.

Mine is Hakeem Olajuwon. In Houston, we only have two professional sports championships, and they were both delivered by the Rockets. Plus, basketball was my game growing up. Hakeem is probably the best athlete the city of Houston has ever seen.

bk_AAHX095_8x10~Hakeem-Olajuwon-Posters.jpg

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm not old enough to remember him playing, even later in his NBA career, but Pistol Pete Maravich would be my favorite athlete ever.

pete-maravich.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9JLJunoxlc"]YouTube - Pistol Pete Maravich plays HORSE[/ame]

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Reggie Lewis! I loved him when I was a kid he really brought me in to the game of basketball for some reason. Honestly not sure why I chose him over Bird, but I liked his name.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
How about everyone's favorite ACTIVE athlete?

Definitely Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
bernard king - knicks...still remember the playoff series he had against the pistons way back when

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow, that's pretty strange Aaron! If someone did get the idea from this thread, shouldn't we be credited? Oh well...I'm looking forward to it, should be pretty cool. Hopefully they can get Chris Paul to participate...something tells me he knows a few tricks.