You ain't my bro...

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Listening to the replay of 4 years of freedom show tonight after listening to the Artie clip when he tells Howard "You ain't my bro", I get the feeling that Artie really meant it. Considering the recent events and the fact that Howard "claims" that he can't contact Artie leads me to think that Artie doesn't want to talk to Howard AT ALL.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
There are two Arties. High Artie and sober Artie. It's hard to tell which Artie is more truthful. It's like when someone is drunk are they more themself than when they sober? Hard to tell.

I had a friend who became quite the user and he was Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. He said very nice things about me sober, and very hateful things high.

Artie looks up to Howard Big Time. But he may be disappointed that Howard isn't all he may hope for in terms of a father figure of sorts.

smithee

Dec 14, 2009
They are not bro's Howie did not even call his Bro , he was at a hamptons at a tea party .

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Artie definitely meant it. There was also that period of time where it was clear Artie was either trying to leave the show, or he was receiving advice to distance himself from it. When he was doing RESCUE ME and a couple of other things, he wasn't billed as being on the Stern show on Letterman, for instance.

I think as big as Artie was a fan of the Stern show, once he joined, it was like pulling back the curtain a bit, and combined with his drug addiction and mental problems, he doesn't revere Howard the way he did when he first joined up.

Howard only has two bro's: $$$ and not wanting to work.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Artie definitely meant it. There was also that period of time where it was clear Artie was either trying to leave the show, or he was receiving advice to distance himself from it. When he was doing RESCUE ME and a couple of other things, he wasn't billed as being on the Stern show on Letterman, for instance.

I think as big as Artie was a fan of the Stern show, once he joined, it was like pulling back the curtain a bit, and combined with his drug addiction and mental problems, he doesn't revere Howard the way he did when he first joined up.

Howard only has two bro's: $$$ and not wanting to work.
I like that pulling back the curtain remark, kinda' like seeing the King without his clothes.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
A few times when Artie got really mad, he would lash out at Howard. He would say things like "you provoked this." "You want fighting this is what you get". Things like that. Does seem he has a few things pent up. Of course he could be angry that others contacted him, and Howard didn't.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Artie has the ability to see Howard for who he truly is and is the only one with enough balls on the show to say it (whether high or not?)

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
A few times when Artie got really mad, he would lash out at Howard. He would say things like "you provoked this." "You want fighting this is what you get". Things like that. Does seem he has a few things pent up. Of course he could be angry that others contacted him, and Howard didn't.

Artie is a baby who blames Howard for his problems then. "You provoked me." Haha, don't get provoked. The fucker has no self-control.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Artie was telling the truth. When Artie would get like that he was completely blunt. Howard only exploits people.

I think Howard only cares about himself and maybe his children.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Howards job is to fill 5hrs of radio by any means necessary. I'm a big fan but there are times when I feel Howard takes it a little too far and Artie has NO problem telling him about his self.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Howards job is to fill 5hrs of radio by any means necessary. I'm a big fan but there are times when I feel Howard takes it a little too far and Artie has NO problem telling him about his self.
Everybody has control of their own destiny. Howard can't make Artie do anything that he wasn't already capable of doing.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Everybody has control of their own destiny. Howard can't make Artie do anything that he wasn't already capable of doing.

That prodding he does is a lot more effective on a person he knows is emotionally unstable, such as Artie.

The logic that someone always has control over their own emotions is, and always has been, Howard's "backdoor" excuse. Try that reasoning with a psychotic person and then say, "I didn't make him go nuts and kill those people."

I know this is a stretch but cult leaders take full advantage of people in a similar manner and always say they're not doing anything the person didn't want to do....

Last edited:

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
That prodding he does is a lot more effective on a person he knows is emotionally unstable, such as Artie.

The logic that someone always has control over their own emotions is, and always has been, Howard's "backdoor" excuse. Trying reasoning with a psychotic person and then say, "I didn't make him go nuts and kill those people.
Couldn't have said it better myself, you sure nailed that one.

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
Artie has the ability to see Howard for who he truly is and is the only one with enough balls on the show to say it (whether high or not?)

sorry, but i'd have to respectfully disagree.... artie has started way too many stories with "howard, you're an icon, a legend, i love you, etc..."

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
sorry, but i'd have to respectfully disagree.... artie has started way too many stories with "howard, you're an icon, a legend, i love you, etc..."

Disagree away! I encourage it.

But on the other hand, I think Artie knows how to play the game and tries not to bite the hand that (literally) feeds him.