Yesterdays Book Reading Bit

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Just more proof that the show is in decline. Along with the lack of threads on these boards chatting up the show.

I have a 20 minute ride to the train and yesterday I was bored to tears listening to the bit about artie's audio book.

Ashley Madison, BeeCuticals anything but another boring bit on arties audio book.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I have the audio book, and the part where bob levy is reading about artie driving a cab and the couple in back are beating each other up, had me rolling for real. I was jogging @ the time , and I had to stop running cuz it was so funny.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I have the audio book, and the part where bob levy is reading about artie driving a cab and the couple in back are beating each other up, had me rolling for real. I was jogging @ the time , and I had to stop running cuz it was so funny.

I am glad for Levy that you found it funny. Howard had Artie basically apologizing and promising to re-record in his voice. The bit went way too long.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Translation for the hating-impaired: "Despite how boring I claim the show is, I still listen everyday. If it keeps declining like this, it will eventually suck like ALL the other shows on radio do RIGHT NOW."

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Translation for the hating-impaired: "Despite how boring I claim the show is, I still listen everyday. If it keeps declining like this, it will eventually suck like ALL the other shows on radio do RIGHT NOW."

How many different ways can you make the same post? You should try Snoozer's schtick. Its much more effective.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Just more proof that the show is in decline. Along with the lack of threads on these boards chatting up the show.

I have a 20 minute ride to the train and yesterday I was bored to tears listening to the bit about artie's audio book.

Ashley Madison, BeeCuticals anything but another boring bit on arties audio book.

Actually, the reason for the lack of Stern posts is because EVERY SINGLE time anyone posts anything positive about the show, some of the constant complainers on here always turn the thread into a hate thread. So now, even when I find something hilarious, I usually don't post about it because you people, comedic icons that you all are will spend time to tell me:

1. Why the bit I enjoyed wasn't funny
2. How it was done better 5+ years ago
3. How the whole show isn't funny anymore.

I'm not against complaining when it is legitamate (i skipped most of todays show) but disecting every single minute and then proclaiming them unfunny is just rather over the top.

Perhaps we need TWO Howard forums, one for people that like the show and one for people that don't.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Actually, the reason for the lack of Stern posts is because EVERY SINGLE time anyone posts anything positive about the show, some of the constant complainers on here always turn the thread into a hate thread. So now, even when I find something hilarious, I usually don't post about it because you people, comedic icons that you all are will spend time to tell me:

I'm not against complaining when it is legitamate (i skipped most of todays show) but disecting every single minute and then proclaiming them unfunny is just rather over the top.

Perhaps we need TWO Howard forums, one for people that like the show and one for people that don't.

There's always SFN, though these days its just as negative over there as it is here.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

+1

(I think that's the goal, tho, to get people to not post and to sour them on the show...)

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Thanks for making this the new SFN. :loser:

Gee, your "ignore" button must be broken. By the way, if you want to call me a name, why don't you have the guts and just do it instead of using a smiley face?

+1

(I think that's the goal, tho, to get people to not post and to sour them on the show...)

Yup, its a big conspiracy. We have meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wednesdays and Fridays we sit around and think up new ways to make Jay Leno popular. Sundays we have brunch and talk about how we can steal your rep points.

Last edited:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
Does the packaging claim that Artie reads the whole book? How unprofessional. The guy doesn't deserve a 10th of his success.

No the packaging says:
Read by the Reverend Bob Levy, Gary Dell'Abate, Jim Florentine, and Artie Lange..

to rate them: Artie, Gary, Jim and Levy..

I just didnt' realize how bad Levy would be..Florentine kinda gets annoying too.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Thanks for making this the new SFN. :loser:

I always imagine them sitting by their radios all day listening to the show intently, then when they hear their buzzwords of the week (Jay Leno, Beth, Wedding, Free Time, contract, etc...) they start to fume and can't get to a computer fast enough to start a new thread about how Howard sucks for spending all day talking about whatever they heard for 3 minutes.

But you can't ask whiners to stop whining, it's what they do. You might as well ask your dog to drive you home from work, it just isn't going to happen.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
No the packaging says:
Read by the Reverend Bob Levy, Gary Dell'Abate, Jim Florentine, and Artie Lange..

to rate them: Artie, Gary, Jim and Levy..

I just didnt' realize how bad Levy would be..Florentine kinda gets annoying too.

Gary and Jim were OK, but Levy really sounded like those tapes that Richard and Sal put together from other people's audiobooks. That poor engineer must have had to patch his chapters together from hours and hours of flubbed takes.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

If it was a cmmeical, it was a bad one. I think Howard proved that getting other readers was a an awful idea. In fact, Artie was bored to tears while reading it.