Yes! The Bridge is back!

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well, one nice thing about the new year, they brought the Bridge back, and it sounds good. Nice to have this music (softer side of classic rock) back...now leave it alone!!!

Reactions: hexagram

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Will it be back on 12 or 33? Nice easy listening channel with a massive play list. What will happen to the Pulse?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Vols44 said:
Will it be back on 12 or 33? Nice easy listening channel with a massive play list. What will happen to the Pulse?
The Bridge is back on 33, hopefully it will stay a long time! :)
The Pulse will remain on 12.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I agree 110% (on hoping The Bridge stays permanently).

It's the ONLY channel I like that SIRIUS has fooled around with, but I have the feeling that they finally got the message, and that The Bridge is here to stay. :)

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm also glad that The Bridge is back and hopefully it will stay for a while!

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Rather ironic, though, that they are using 33 on Sirius, which was Disorder before Nov 12. A lot of us are still pissed that they killed Disorder, even if they have placed some of the programs on other channels.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
YES, YES, YES...............

What a GREAT way to start off the "New Year" !!!!!! :bigclap:

"Thank You "Sirius/XM" and a "Happy New Year" to You.......

diane

( we were on our way home from a mini skiiing trip and I thought I would try #33, very cool surprise !! )

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well it is back, but repetitive as hell. The keep playing the same 40 or so artist over and over. I've been tracking it. I haven't check since earlier this morning. But it was crazy with artist repeats not so much song repeats, though there were some of those too. There are so, so many artist and yet they are only playing a fraction of them.

You all know I love the Bridge, but hell my Slacker Bridge channel kicks the shit out of what they are playing on the sats right now.

I don't get it! No one else has noticed this?

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I'll know it's fully back when I hear them play Gordon Lightfoot's Last Time I Saw Her. Or alternatively, Affair on 8th Avenue. That's my signal that all is well in the world of The Bridge.

otoh if they've switched to some sort of heavy rotation thing I'll be highly disappointed.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
They've played James Taylor songs ELEVEN times already today... :icon_eek:

SIRIUS Playlist Search - Sirius Satellite Radio - DogstarRadio.com=

But I'll keep my Bridge complaining to an absolute minimum. The alternative would be a single artist channel. And I'm not equipped to listen to Slacker in my car.

Glad to have you back, The Bridge!

Yeah, I was just running it again myself and the artist repeats are just off the wall!

I am glad to have it back too, but this will get old QUICKLY! Might be time to get Slacker ready real soon! LOL ;)

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
This is my first time taken the time to listen to the "myth" (and I say myth because it hasn't really been around much lately) that is The Bridge.

I like the feel, the sound and hopefully these repeats are just a coming out party and it will smooth itself out.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I like the feel, the sound and hopefully these repeats are just a coming out party and it will smooth itself out.

As long as they're not playing the same *song* eleven times I don't think I care that much.

Well it had been on hiatus for while when they brought it back the last time and I was amazed at the number of artist and deep playlist. It was just fantastic, so I know they are capable of fixing this. I hope it is just opening week jitters with minimum staff.

You don't care now, but after you've been listening for a month and hearing just the same artist over in heavy rotation even if it is different songs, it will get stale because they are also bad about selecting those same songs over and over too. You'll start noticing it unless they fix it.

The Bridge has great potential and before they started removing it for all these single artist channels, it had THE DEEPEST playlist of any channel on Sirius.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Please when you respond ( that is if you chose to answer my question ) take a moment and try not to laugh..... :hah: for I come bearing :flowers:

OK, my question is what is meant when you write "might be time to get Slacker ready real soon ??

DAB I can just about see a smile start to take place on your face. Is Slacker a "lingo" used on XM ??

I know that I could have totally put this in a PM to someone, but what the heck I'll let someone help me out here.

The other thing is, I really think we have to give the "Bridge" a chance to get back up on it's "structure". I'm just happy to have it back

diane

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
OK, my question is what is meant when you write "might be time to get Slacker ready real soon ??

DAB I can just about see a smile start to take place on your face. Is Slacker a "lingo" used on XM ??

The other thing is, I really think we have to give the "Bridge" a chance to get back up on it's

Slacker Radio is what I am referring too, so it is not lingo for XM. Slacker is another radio service that is available online and they also have a portable player well actually two of them. One is the G1 stands for 1st general and then the G2 for 2nd generation.

Aaron said that his car is not Slacker ready and so I said you might want to get it Slacker ready.

I do agree that we need to give The Bridge some time to get its wings. But I have created a Mellow Rock Station on the Slacker service that I really enjoy too and thus far it is doing a better job of not repeating so many songs by the same artist. Hopefully this will fix itself! It is just good that we got The Bridge back and it didn't get delayed again and again like in the past. I am really not complaining as much as I am making an observation of the playlist that I've noted so far. So jam on... :churn:

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Waite, waite waite DAB, I of cause have another question ???

Can I get a ( this sounds so silly ) Slacker also ?? :clueless:

I know that by now you know that I do have my "limit's" with the "Good Old Internet". And everyone has been so cool with my "Limit's"..... :blush:

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!

diane