Yates says - Lower that Horsepower!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I disagree. Ever team works in the same box (except Carl Long :rolleyes: ). They all should be able to make a durable, high hourspower engine.

Get to work Doug! :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Great. More plate tracks. Just what the doctor ordered.

Plate racing is NOT racing. PERIOD. Just line the drivers up at the start/finish line and have them draw straws to see who the winner is.

jC...

Oct 14, 2008
It will lower corner entry speed but raise the overall corner speed. Thats what happened with the Nationwide cars.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I dont think New Hampshire 2000 is a good reference point for why plates dont work at smaller tracks. If it wasnt for bogus debris yellows at Mighigan, Jimmie Johnson would have led every lap and won by 14 seconds and they dont have plates.

Last edited:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
If it wasnt for bogus debris yellows at Mighigan

No kidding. What a painful day that was....I won't be watching anymore Michigan races in a while. It's a damn shame the races TNT got to cover.

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
I disagree. Ever team works in the same box (except Carl Long :rolleyes: ). They all should be able to make a durable, high horsepower engine.

Get to work Doug! :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a cheap shot at Carl long.
It's not as if they built the engine oversize.
Thirty thousands of an inch over is what DW said, he ran that engine in several races trying to save a little money. The irony!

Back to the subject at hand.

If NASCAR is going to lower the horse power, then they must do whatever they need to to improve the handling as well.

I'm not sure exactly what that might be, but more travel in the front would go a long way.

Reactions: semipenguin