Yahoo CEO Stepping Down

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
What's surprising is that Yahoo! hasn't been bought out yet. I know Microsoft and Yahoo! are sort of playing games with each other and what not and eventually it probably will lead to a buyout IMHO. I don't know if even Microsoft could have them though.

People are just going to Google now, Google is just kind of the "in" thing. For good reason of course; it's not cluttered, the news is better organized, you can create an "iGoogle" page now, everything is nicely laid out and is simple and easy to use. Not to mention the search is better.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Surprising or not?

Not in the least. Yang wouldn't let Microsoft buy them for 3x what they're worth now. He really is the Chief Yahoo.

People are just going to Google now, Google is just kind of the "in" thing. For good reason of course; it's not cluttered, the news is better organized, you can create an "iGoogle" page now, everything is nicely laid out and is simple and easy to use. Not to mention the search is better.

Yeah, I was a Yahoo user from way back. I loved their news and mail, until they improved them so much that they're useless. Now I've got an iGoogle page set up with everything just the way I want it. And I'm writing my own Google gadgets, which is fun.

Oct 29, 2008
What's surprising is that Yahoo! hasn't been bought out yet. I know Microsoft and Yahoo! are sort of playing games with each other and what not and eventually it probably will lead to a buyout IMHO. I don't know if even Microsoft could have them though.

I like the google "scholar" department. Great info.....

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN

Gee, I didn't hear this 3 years ago from SISO. :p

Unfortunately, Yahoo (my favorite service) has been going downhill fast.