XMTuner 0.2 Now Available

kularski

Nov 27, 2009
XMTuner v0.2 is now available. Various issues presented to us have now been fixed. The update is available at the previous URL of XM Tuner 0.2. The key changes are a system tray icon, usable address construction panel (primarily for Orb and similar), a "What's Playing" page, MMS can be default protocol and the ability to stop the webserver inside the application.

Again, the address is XM Tuner 0.2

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Thanks for this. I am experiencing a problem with the default to mms protocol. It works in the links, but the feeds page doesn't seem to populate with any mms feeds. It does populate fully with the http feeds.

Thanks again for this!

kularski

Nov 27, 2009
MMS Feed Issue

This is a problem with your browser, it was seen here during testing, we can't really do anything about it. The best solution is to use the view source option in your browser. I'm assuming you are probably using FireFox or IE, so that should be right-click, and then click "view source". Alternatively, visit the "What's On" page (remove /FEEDS/) and right-click, copy link location on the "Play" link beside each channel.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
ok, thanks for the response.
I was just confused as it just doesn't come over from Tversity in the mms: format that uXM did. I get rtsp. Also, for a future update request, perhaps it could be made so that the IP address sticks in the fields on the configuration area. It loads up with localhost after I change it. Thanks again for this!

kularski

Nov 27, 2009
XMTuner 0.3 Released

XMTuner 0.3 has now been released. This will be the final notification of new builds as the application now has an internal update mechanism to serve that function. It can be downloaded from XM Tuner - Stream XM Radio to your media player

New features to this build are:
* Can run as a service
* Updated "What's On" Page
* Tooltips with channel descriptions
* Movement of major functionality to tabs
* Custom addressing by Configuration
* New configuration format (will require new config for older versions)
* System-level Configuration (no longer app path)
* MP3 Transcoding via TVersity (for non-WMA devices)
* Channel data is cached (less network overhead)
* "Playing" info updated every 30 seconds
*More stable than 0.2
* Automatically checks for new versions

kularski

Nov 27, 2009
ok, thanks for the response.
I was just confused as it just doesn't come over from Tversity in the mms: format that uXM did. I get rtsp. Also, for a future update request, perhaps it could be made so that the IP address sticks in the fields on the configuration area. It loads up with localhost after I change it. Thanks again for this!

The change to RTSP was intentional. I'll provide more information on that later. It wasn't my decision, the developer who controls the web server side of things decided that TVersity should default to it (but I'm sure he has a logical reason for the choice).

You got your wish. The address is now created from configuration variables, which means no matter what, it sticks if it is set (and it now defaults to the IP address and not "localhost").

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Working great streaming to my PS3, XBOX 360 and DirecTV receivers. Awesome! Thanks!