XMP3 Vibration problem?

mrlong

Jul 1, 2009
I made a holder for my motorcycle with a car kit. I tried it out using only battery power until I can get a plug in wired. I drove for about 45 minutes with it playing with no problem, but then it shut off. After that it would shut off after playing only a few minutes at a time. The battery was only half gone, and if I took it out of the holder and put it in my pocket, it would play with no problems. Do you think that the vibration from the motorcycle was causing this? Is there an issue with the dock that makes it shut off with a battery half charged? I'd keep it in my pocket, but I can't get the satellites that way, only recorded stuff. Any suggestions?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have on in my BIG truck & it bounces around all the time & it's never hurt my XMP3.

I will say that if it comes unplugged by accident, it'll stay on for a short while, the turn off by itself. Don't know what that's about, but ok.

Once you have it all hooked up with power running to the dock, I'm sure you'll have no issues :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I made a holder for my motorcycle with a car kit. I tried it out using only battery power until I can get a plug in wired. I drove for about 45 minutes with it playing with no problem, but then it shut off. After that it would shut off after playing only a few minutes at a time. The battery was only half gone, and if I took it out of the holder and put it in my pocket, it would play with no problems. Do you think that the vibration from the motorcycle was causing this? Is there an issue with the dock that makes it shut off with a battery half charged? I'd keep it in my pocket, but I can't get the satellites that way, only recorded stuff. Any suggestions?

Yeah it sounds like the vibration from the motorcycle is maybe shaking it out of the dock enough that the power isn't staying connected. It it sees that it's in a dock but doesn't think that external power is connected than it will shut off.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Yeah it sounds like the vibration from the motorcycle is maybe shaking it out of the dock enough that the power isn't staying connected. It it sees that it's in a dock but doesn't think that external power is connected than it will shut off.
I agree, I have the same problem with my Inno because of these raggity ass streets on Staten Island,NY.