XMP3 very laggy at times

ericshmerick

Mar 2, 2009
My XMP3, running the latest FW, is very laggy at times. For example, I spin the wheel or use the remote the change channels and it appears to freeze. After about 5 seconds, it "catches up" and rapidly changes channels to keep up. Annoying.

Also, if I am listening from the buffer and I go to live, the unit normally beeps once. Sometimes, the beep sounds for like 7 seconds. Highly annoying.

Is there a fix? Reinstalling the firmware doesn't seem possible (just tells me I have the most current version).

Help. I have this thing signed up for lifetime and it drives me nuts. Wish I would have gotten an Inno.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I haven't updated since I got the radio back in Jan. is there a newer softwear update? :scratch:

Mine doesn't do that. try clearing your memory & see what happends.
Posted via Mobile Device

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Question: Is it recording when you experience the lag?

Observation: I've experienced the lag in which you reference. It seems to occur when I'm recording a few channels at a time. I'm sure the CPU usage has something to do with the lag time.

ericshmerick

Mar 2, 2009
Nah, I only really use it in the car, so no recording.

Is there a way to factory reset it? (i.e. hard reboot that clears everything)?

Also, what's up with the startup time? My ignition cuts the power when I turn my key off. The XMP3 shuts down as expected. When I start my car back up, it sometimes takes over a minute for the XMP3 to fully boot. Very annoying. About 5% of the time, the startup is instant. Nothing different between slow/fast startups...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
In the car settings you can change the auto shut off so it will run off the battery for a while :)
Posted via Mobile Device

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, the startup time is a bitch. I noticed when it was version 1.07 it was quicker than 1.17.

ericshmerick

Mar 2, 2009
I think I fixed it. I reformatted everything, erased all content and disabled automatic recording. It's fast so far.