XMP3 Trouble Recording

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I have set my radio to record Galloway and Company on 141 every night for two weeks and it does not record. I even hit record one time manually as the show was starting and when I got back the show was not recorded. Anyone have any ideas?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
If you're not careful, this thing will auto record a bunch of crap & then leave you with no memory to record what you really want :worried:

Try turning off the auto record feature....menu > settings > auto record

Then clear everything off the memory.

I hope that helps :)
Posted via Mobile Device

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I think auto recordings are partitioned in a different part of the memory. Turning them off will do nothing for your capacity to record other things.

In the case of the OP, I'm guessing that you lost signal during the show at some point. The XMP3 doesn't save partials when it has a signal problem. It dumps the whole thing.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i JUST had this problem last week. Do a full reset and erase. It was the only I could get mine to record. I would even check my unit to see that it was recording, but it didn't matter, it didn't save it.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
My XMp3 does two goofy things: Doesn't record scheduled programs and the recordings are all jacked up... it rewinds, almost, then replays, rewinds.... sort of what TSS Mario posted. But this is a recent issue. WTF?

I've had this problem many times with my O&A/R&F recording. I dock my XMp3 to the XM boombox overnight and I know there's no signal interruption with O&A since they wrap up just before I leave the house with the XMp3. At first I was scheduling the XMp3 to record through the menu>schedule recording>session feature. I'd come back and it just completely ignored the command, or I'd have partial bits of the show. I've now started going through options>programs and scheduling each individual show, which is a little annoying since you can usually only look 3 days ahead and it's easy to forget scheduling, but it seems to be much more reliable.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I've given up on regular scheduled programming with the XMP3, but the only thing that consistently worked for me before was to use the 'daily' feature and copy my recording schedule to my computer so I could put it back on once the unit dumped it.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I did this (Factory Reset) today (radio is at work on my desk) and tonight it seemed to record the show that I wanted to record at 7:00 PM. Now we will see if it is there tomorrow when I get in.

Thanks

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I did this (Factory Reset) today (radio is at work on my desk) and tonight it seemed to record the show that I wanted to record at 7:00 PM. Now we will see if it is there tomorrow when I get in.

Thanks

I might have to do this also. :idunno: