XMp3 Review

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Yes you can. You can record 4 and listen to 1 too.

But what I heard is you cannot listen to the one you are recording like we do on the stiletto. That feature lets you have a 6 hr recording buffer. I typically use this all day long as I start listening to Howard about 5 minutes after it starts, then pause throughtout the day, and continue playing even after the recording is completed. The key is to start listening from the library not listening live, or later switch to the library and catch up to where you left off live.

If the XMP3 did this I think that I would buy it even though it does not do internet.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
But what I heard is you cannot listen to the one you are recording like we do on the stiletto. That feature lets you have a 6 hr recording buffer. I typically use this all day long as I start listening to Howard about 5 minutes after it starts, then pause throughtout the day, and continue playing even after the recording is completed. The key is to start listening from the library not listening live, or later switch to the library and catch up to where you left off live.

OH...That is bummer. I use the stiletto EXACTLY as you describe, and without being able to do that sucks. Can you listen to OTHER recorded content while it is recording, or can you ONLY listen to a satelite channel while it is recording?

nhroberts

Dec 17, 2009
Need advice

I'm trying to decide which to buy, the XMP3 or the Stiletto. I want to be able to play the Mp3s I already have and listen to XM in the car and at the office.

Do both of these devices play Mp3s from an SD card?

And which would be better for the office and working out?

Also what is their power source? And how long do the batteries last on a charge?

Thanks guys. It's frustrating to be technodumb! ;-)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm trying to decide which to buy, the XMP3 or the Stiletto. I want to be able to play the Mp3s I already have and listen to XM in the car and at the office.

Also what is their power source? And how long do the batteries last on a charge?

They both play MP3s from their cards. Obviously if you want to listen to XM you would go with the XMP3.

Reception at the office is dependant on how close you are to a window. For XM it must be a S window. For Sirius a S or a window facing North Dakota will probably do. You may have a repeater for one or both services which would improve reception.

I don't have an XMP3 but I would imagine that they are both roughly the same. For SL2 its 5 hours live SAT, 10 hours WiFi or 20 hours pre-recorded Sirius content or personal MP3s.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008

For what you describe, I believe you want a XMP3.

The Stiletto has only 2 advantages over the XMP3: wifi, and it is a more reliable recorder.

While you can listen to MP3s from a micro sd card on both, you can only use playlists for your songs on the XMP3. The XMP3 can record 5 channels at once. It also has Tuneselect, to let you know when your favorite songs or artists are being played.

I'd break down the difference like this: if you want a tivo-like device for recording satrad or really need wifi, get the stiletto. If music is your primary concern, get the XMP3.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
XMp3 is pretty nice. If it freak out on you, check our troubleshooting threads.

Pirate Todd

Jan 5, 2009
If you add the best of sirius on this unit, will it actually show the NFl scores on the ticker?

I have a Stiletto 2 and when I added the best of XM, it only showed the NBA scores broadcast on Sirius and would not show the scores on the ticker of the games that were on the best of XM channels.

Also, during games does it show the logos of the sports teams on the channel you are listening to, like it does on the stiletto 2?

Thanks

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If you add the best of sirius on this unit, will it actually show the NFl scores on the ticker?

I have a Stiletto 2 and when I added the best of XM, it only showed the NBA scores broadcast on Sirius and would not show the scores on the ticker of the games that were on the best of XM channels.

Also, during games does it show the logos of the sports teams on the channel you are listening to, like it does on the stiletto 2?

Thanks

You can get NFL scores without Best Of Sirius (at least you can on every other XM radio I own).

Pirate Todd

Jan 5, 2009
You can get NFL scores without Best Of Sirius (at least you can on every other XM radio I own).

Do you know if you also get logos on the sports channels of the teams playing, like you do on the stiletto 2?

If I tune into an NFL game of the Browns Vs. Broncos, it will show the helmets of the two teams playing..a neat little feature.. Wondering if the XMP3 does the same.

Thanks

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Do you know if you also get logos on the sports channels of the teams playing, like you do on the stiletto 2?

If I tune into an NFL game of the Browns Vs. Broncos, it will show the helmets of the two teams playing..a neat little feature.. Wondering if the XMP3 does the same.

Thanks

I don't see any reason it couldn't be done except laziness. XM has the ability to change logos and channel names on the fly with no interuption to service. If they don't its not because they can't but because they won't.

(I don't have any XM radio with a logo).