XMp3 Review

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
So now the channel is recording and the Rec icon shows up at the top.

But THEN. I go back to the stations list and it's super easy to do the same thing to other channels. At this point I have 3 channels recording at once.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Overall I like this XMP3 more than any other radio for my needs. I still like the interface of the Stiletto and Stiletto 2 a bit more. It has a lot of other unique features and functions I didn't go into. We will be selling these soon and I expect the XMP3 will be our big seller this season.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Overall I like this XMP3 more than any other radio for my needs. I still like the interface of the Stiletto and Stiletto 2 a bit more. It has a lot of other unique features and functions I didn't go into. We will be selling these soon and I expect the XMP3 will be our big seller this season.
I'd probbaly buy one if it got Sirius...
Any inside info of a SiriMP3?

thegame310

Oct 13, 2008
So the XMP3 can do full Sirius and Full XM

Since i'm not to up on XM products, this doesnt have Wifi correct.

Also, do you need antenna headphones, or will the antenna on it do ok?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
But still, wouldn't the FM transmitter in the radio have the same power, regardless of whether it's in the cardock or home dock?
The FM Transmitter in the radio doesn't matter if you connect the Whole House FM Transmitter. In fact you have to Turn off the FM Transmitter in the Radios prior to connecting the Whole House piece into the Line Out.

Other than that I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
The FM Transmitter in the radio doesn't matter if you connect the Whole House FM Transmitter. In fact you have to Turn off the FM Transmitter in the Radios prior to connecting the Whole House piece into the Line Out.

Other than that I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.
No i understand that. My question was more of a general one. The XMp3 has an FM transmitter in the car dock, right? That obviously complies with FCC's power output rules. What changes when you plug it into the home dock that makes it not able to pass the FCC's test? It's not like the power level of the FM mod changes...

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
No i understand that. My question was more of a general one. The XMp3 has an FM transmitter in the car dock, right? That obviously complies with FCC's power output rules. What changes when you plug it into the home dock that makes it not able to pass the FCC's test? It's not like the power level of the FM mod changes...
I gotcha. But I don't know :(

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Also, do you need antenna headphones, or will the antenna on it do ok?
I was amazed at how well the build in antenna worked. Today was the first time I got to actually take it out and the reception was great. I could see using this without the antenna headphones.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What changes when you plug it into the home dock that makes it not able to pass the FCC's test? It's not like the power level of the FM mod changes...
Nothing changes, I don't think that the issue is the power of the transmitter. I just think they don't feel there is a need for the home dock to be able to FM transmit. Their thinking appears to be that most would hook it up to an aux-input on a stereo, boombox etc.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes, I can say that I actually like it better than the Stiletto myself. The way it records is certainly superior. I do miss the wifi though and if that had included that it would darn near be perfect. However, considering how much it records all the time it certainly will always provide a lot of content so having Wifi isn't really that big of a deal.

By the way what Camera are you using? Mine takes horrible pictures of the display. I took several pictures like you did but they were so crappy I didn't post them.

Thanks for posting them as it adds to the review a great deal.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Yes, I can say that I actually like it better than the Stiletto myself. The way it records is certainly superior. I do miss the wifi though and if that had included that it would darn near be perfect. However, considering how much it records all the time it certainly will always provide a lot of content so having Wifi isn't really that big of a deal.

By the way what Camera are you using? Mine takes horrible pictures of the display. I took several pictures like you did but they were so crappy I didn't post them.

Thanks for posting them as it adds to the review a great deal.
It's a simple Canon 8 mega pixel Power Shot deal. It does the job. I'm not great with photos though.