XMP3 Recording

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I love the functionality of this unit, but it will not record something for me on schedule unless it is for "today." Everyday will not work.

Also, I record at my office with a home dock that occasionally loses signal. The fact that the recording bombs out AND it doesn't bother to save a partial is downright silly.

Thank goodness that recording is my least important component.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, I'm having some recording issues now, too.

I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is. Seems very similar, like repeat scheduled records just won't record.

Meh... red dragons, none-the-less.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I'm having some recording issues now, too.

I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is. Seems very similar, like repeat scheduled records just won't record.

Meh... red dragons, none-the-less.

Yeah, this thing has so many cool features for my purposes that I really don't care about the scheduled recordings. However, if I had paid full price for this thing when it came out, I'd have a whole different attitude.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
fwiw, it needs to be docked and have GOOD signal strength. Also, when you set up a weekly recording, be 100% positive the day is correct, as it like to secretly change it on you sometimes.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
fwiw, it needs to be docked and have GOOD signal strength. Also, when you set up a weekly recording, be 100% positive the day is correct, as it like to secretly change it on you sometimes.

How the heck do I do that? The only option I see for this kind of setting just lets me turn Daylight Savings on and off.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
How the heck do I do that? The only option I see for this kind of setting just lets me turn Daylight Savings on and off.

He means make sure the set day and time of your recording is correct. You can't change the date setting of the unit to indicate it's another day.