XMp3 Double Rebate Active

Mikey394

Dec 19, 2008
Red Lion, Pa.
those are great prices!

I bought my XMP3 from Best Buy on 5/2.
Got the Radio, Home and Car Kit for $199.99.
The XMP3 is now on sale at Best Buy for $149.99 so I went into Best Buy today and got a $53.00 refund.

I would have bought the unit from TSS Radio but, I wanted to break in my Best Buy Card.

(Disclaimer) In the past I've bought many accessories from TSS Radio. I have Sirius XM on my Motorcycle, 4x4 ATV, Jeep (two in the Jeep) and all though my house.

Stiletto 100
Stiletto 2
XMP3
Starmate
Sirius 1:flex:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
those are great prices!

I bought my XMP3 from Best Buy on 5/2.
Got the Radio, Home and Car Kit for $199.99.
The XMP3 is now on sale at Best Buy for $149.99 so I went into Best Buy today and got a $53.00 refund.

I would have bought the unit from TSS Radio but, I wanted to break in my Best Buy Card.

(Disclaimer) In the past I've bought many accessories from TSS Radio. I have Sirius XM on my Motorcycle, 4x4 ATV, Jeep (two in the Jeep) and all though my house.

Stiletto 100
Stiletto 2
XMP3
Starmate
Sirius 1:flex:

SWEET Deal! Let us know how you like it.

Mikey394

Dec 19, 2008
Red Lion, Pa.
I really like the XMP3 a lot.
Pros:
5 channel record
Really small
Great screen
Cons:
My biggest issue is losing the Schedule Recording List
No book marking and no chase playback while recording.
No WiFi, My Stilettos makes up for those missing features
Battery life, is short. I bought a second battery.

The way the segments of each show recorded it is very easy to find your place without the book marking feature.

90% of what I listen to at work is recorded content. I have a few Stilettos to help me with that. One is with me at work and the other one is home recording. Sometimes I also record The Stern Show to my computer and load on an iPod.

Sometimes I’d like to listen to a live show at work but can’t get a signal. I drive a forklift truck and move around the building. I found out that there is a XM repeater in York and its only two miles from work.
I can get a full signal in about 80% of the building I work in.

I have a Stiletto car dock on my motorcycle with a RAM Mount and a short Cable TSS Radio motorcycle antenna. (its kinda hard to hide 25 feet of antenna cable on a motorcycle) The power cable and antenna is the same on the Stiletto and XMP3 so I do change them from time to time. Changing Volume and channels is much easier on the Stiletto with a pair of gloves on.

Check out the two antennas on the left and right of the Starmate. There is a third antenna in front of the Starmate for the GPS, The Flip Antenna does not get a good signal under the fairing.

OK, Why two Sirius Radios, Sometimes I want to go on a short ride and the Stiletto is home recording. Can't be without music!

Last edited:

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mikey- Thats one awesome setup you have on your bike!

My s50 died recently and I picked up another used one.

I really wanted the XMP3 if the price was right. Now it is at only $119.00 after rebate!

I think I will have to stick with ye old s50 for now. :mad:

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Mikey- Thats one awesome setup you have on your bike!

My s50 died recently and I picked up another used one.

I really wanted the XMP3 if the price was right. Now it is at only $119.00 after rebate!

I think I will have to stick with ye old s50 for now. :mad:

Just email us for the good, older pricing. Just got smacked with MAP Pricing from Pioneer which means it has to be advertised at $229.99. Doesn't mean we can't take care of friends at a lower price if you know what I mean ;)

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
What is the battery life like on the Xmp3? I heard it is 4 hours live, but what about recorded or mp3 content?

Mikey394

Dec 19, 2008
Red Lion, Pa.
What is the battery life like on the Xmp3? I heard it is 4 hours live, but what about recorded or mp3 content?

Listening to live Satellite I can drain two fully charged batteries in 8 hours.

Listening to recorded content: I listen to 6 hours of the Stern show in 8 hours.
6 hours of listening and 2 hours with radio on pause. I do not turn the radio off.
I have drained the battery and the battery icon goes red in 8 to 9 hours.

buy a second battery

hope that helps:peace:

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
is there still a double rebate available?

I am about to purchase the XMP3, and I have found I can get it online for $149 with the home and car kit, free activation, first month free. Add $20 for a 2 year warranty.

bg1811

Jul 25, 2009
Ram Mounts

I don't want to hijack this discussion, but, it seemed like a good place to ask. Has anyone found a Ram Mount for the Pioneer XMp3 XM radio receiver?