Xmlm or hardattack

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by KTMCDO, Oct 28, 2008.

1. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

They are constantly mixing it up between new music and classic metal. In the time I drive from home to school and to work and back and to wherever else my adventures take me I hear plenty of classic metal and new metal and metal from 2-8 years ago. Trust me, the station is fine.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I hear that too, so trust me the station is fine as well!
  3. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

This is why I was against the merger. XM has much deeper playlists so any music Sirius has XM has also and then some.
  4. WACF

WACF Member

Dear God...is this what Sirius markets to?

How do you know what is new or what you are missing unless someone plays it?

If I want what is familar to me I put on a cd I already own...I got Sat for the stuff I don't hear...mixed in with what I like.
  5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Then you probably won't notice any difference, ragardless if the new channel is called Liquid Metal, Hard Attack, or something different.
  6. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

Um I don't know what you are talking about but I told you, Hard Attack is just fine. They play plenty of new music constantly. I prefer not listening to all the deep tracks and shit. I like the hits, that's what I listen to, along with most of the satellite radio listeners out there. The main reason for the service is no commercials on the music channels and the availability to talk shows and sports.

When I'm driving my car I wanna blast a song I know and that I can get into. Tell me to get my ipod, I don't give a fuck. But the hits is what the majority of sateliite radio listeners want. Look at the ratings, it's hit channels on top. Get over it. It's good business practice. I expect an email. Sirius always sends out a Sirius Music Weekly, I'm willing to bed it's mentioned in that.
  7. WACF

WACF Member

I went with XM because it was deeper...If I just want to rock out to hits I would of stayed with FM...when LM hit the sats again it was a good thing.

Hard Attack will play Black Tide - Shockwave....on XM I hear that on The BoneYard or Squizz...or Octane on Sirius.

I do not need to hear it on the heavy channel...one either service.
  8. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Hard Attack is listing programs on the 13th on sirius.com, so it's at least staying on Sirius. I'm sort of hoping it comes to XM as well. It's a little too mainstream at times, but I like the mix of what they play better than XMLM. XMLM just plays too many shit bands like "The Number 12 Looks Like You," and other crappy bands all the time.
  9. awfulwaffle

awfulwaffle Member

See that's what I don't want to listen to. When I get in my car I want something I can recognise and totally rock out to. And that's what a majority of subscribers want too if you look at the numbers. Hits channels dominate.
  10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I agree, but I think you can find a good balance. Hits channels will always be repetitive by their very nature. But Sirius was doing this far too much with other channels that there was simply no reason to make them repetitive. You can for example create a channel that plays great hits music that everyone will love and give it a library of 500, 600 even a 1000 songs to keep it fresh day in a day out.
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I think they could have recognizable songs on most of these stations without the repeats. It takes a PD who is not however lazy.
  12. WACF

WACF Member

Exactly...a good mix is necessary.

My thoughts are...without playing the new stuff...how do you create future hits.
  13. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

The same way FM does - Payola and "market research" ;-)
  14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I think you will have hits channels and they will add new music into the mix. Just like with FM they will either catch on or not. Like on Hits One every week I get a survey asking me to pick the songs I like, don't like the ones that are being played too much. This is where folks rate the new music.

Think about 20 on 20 on XM that channel received votes and they add new songs and it gets voted up or goes away.

But my point of larger playlist would be more directed at non hits based channels like decades etc.
  15. syphix

syphix Member

I still question "unique" channels. I mean, if XMLM is staying (which the new channel list seems to imply), why keep the name "XMLM" if it's simulcasted when they went out of their way to rename XMU to "SIRIUS XM U", and XM Pops to "SIRIUS XM Pops"?

Then again, SIRIUSLY Sinatra is staying "SIRIUSLY Sinatra", so I really don't know. Or will channels like XMLM, Hard Attack, and SIRIUS Hits 1 remain unique on their home networks? We'll find out in just a couple days!
  16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I think that is the thought there there will be some specific channel that remain unique to each service.

But I agree with you the name of the channel doesn't seem to imply anything. Siriusly Sinatra seems to be going to XM. Who knows? It is all up in the air and all we have is speculation at this point.
  17. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

That is baffling. I surely don't think they are going to maintain two metal channels. It's too much of a niche format. Maybe it will just be "Liquid Metal." I think Hard Attack is a much better name.
  18. WACF

WACF Member

Yeah really.

Of all things...I figure if they are cutting costs combing the heaviest of heavy would be amalgamted.

I guess we will see soon.

Hard Attack is a better name...but you can not beat the Forty #@&* Two pounding between songs...
  19. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

And this is the point I was trying to make.
  20. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Remember "Metal Retardation?" Some of those were hilarious. I do love those Forty %^% Two sweepers. Those will probably be gone now anyway. They seem to be going away from using channel numbers in the ids.