Xm411 RIP

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Xm411 rip ?

I hope it is alright to post this.

XM411 was the first site I went to upon getting XM Radio in 2004. It was a good friendly website like this one. No one posts there anymore. :(

Thanks for the memories. :)

EDIT: The Subject title would not let me put capital letters on the M in XM or R.I.P.

Last edited:

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
That site and XMFan were the two that I first signed up for back in 2004. They just weren't the type of sites that I would visit dailey like this one. All of these sites have a limited user base.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Even the RLD posters - who kept the lights on - have left for Twitter, except for the occasional post.

I notice this sort of trend happening for a LOT of message boards. Twitter, Facebook and MySpace plus blogs are really taking over.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Even the RLD posters - who kept the lights on - have left for Twitter, except for the occasional post.

I notice this sort of trend happening for a LOT of message boards. Twitter, Facebook and MySpace plus blogs are really taking over.

For basic chat around topics I think you are totally correct that Twitter and Facebook replaces forums.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It seems forums tied to specific products still do very well. There are still some huge forums out there.

Personally I am not much on Facebook, Twitter, in fact I hate them. I have Facebook and I have to force myself to use it most of the time. I only do because of family and friends just pushing me to do it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Oh I forgot to say that I was once a regular on XM411 and there were some good times there. I always felt the moderation wasn't very good because they allows so much Sirius bashing all the time. I never understood the mentality of those that felt it was necessary to always bash Sirius. In a way I was almost glad that Sirius forced XM into a merger, just to shut those folks up! LOL

XM411 has been neglected, it was only use as means to start a very profitable online store. Once that mission was accomplished it was just abandoned.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I never understood the mentality of those that felt it was necessary to always bash Sirius. In a way I was almost glad that Sirius forced XM into a merger, just to shut those folks up! LOL

I hear ya. ;) ( :p )

EDIT: Don't any of you miss the rivalry XM and SIRIUS had?

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I hear ya. ;) ( :p )

You know I always loved both services myself. I guess if I had a slant it would have been for Sirius. None the less all those days of slamming one service over the other are I suppose for the most part behind us.

Now days I just want to see Sirius XM survive, but unfortunately all I can offer them is one Skydock sub, with the BOS and Premium Streaming! Hell that is $65.91 every quarter.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Personally I am not much on Facebook, Twitter, in fact I hate them.

Same here.

I take pride in knowing that I've never set up an account on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, or any of those social networking websites.

goreds2 said:
EDIT: Don't any of you miss the rivalry XM and SIRIUS had?

As long as satellite radio does good, I'm happy. :)

Besides, SIRIUS bought out XM. No, I'm not missing the rivalry. I'm just glad it's over... and we won. :p

Last edited:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
As long as satellite radio does good, I'm happy. :)

Besides, SIRIUS bought out XM. No, I'm not missing the rivalry. I'm just glad it's over... and we won. :p

Correct, we no longer have the variety of music XM had plus no more Casey Kasem on XM 8 among other things. Thank you SIRIUS. :bigahh:

Back on Topic: XM411 is accused of bashing SIRIUS too much? From my experience, I did not witness this.

I thought it was good having both services because one had music variety and the other had more familar music. There was a choice.

Did not SIRIUS Backstage bash XM?

If the merger did in fact save satellite radio, I am good with that. :cool:

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I say good riddance. Hateful, spiteful people on that site. They were all about the rivalry over there, and now that that's gone, so are they. :bigclap:

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Back on Topic: XM411 is accused of bashing SIRIUS too much? From my experience, I did not witness this.

I thought it was good having both services because one had music variety and the other had more familar music. There was a choice.

If the merger did in fact save satellite radio, I am good with that. :cool:

In all honesty, as a old early member of SBS, no. There was really VERY little bashing of XM as a whole. Many of the members of SBS actually had the XM service first, as they were the first to launch their service, there was a lot of RIVALRY, but no bashing.

Personally, having perused XM411 quite a bit back in the day, well, good riddance. The MODS were no where near the level of SBS, or DRC (I am not sucking up, I swear). I agree with the earlier post about a forum disguised as a online store. If I never hear the term "Siriot" again I will be a happy man...;)

Also, many people do not know or remember this, but back in the day when XM411 was going nuclear, (as I understand it, 2 people owned the website, one went on to form XMFAN)While they waited for a resolution, it was Tulane Jeff who hospitably took in all of the XM411 members and welcomed them to SBS.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

I hate to say this, but then you must have been freaking blind or one of the ones doing the bashing, because it was as evident as light is from dark. LOL

In regards to SBS, sure we had a few pop up from time to time that bashed XM, but they were dealt with immediately, unlike the bunch at XM411, when the admin and mods actually participated in the bashing.

Again, you must have been blind!

I think the next post sums it up pretty nicely!

I say good riddance. Hateful, spiteful people on that site. They were all about the rivalry over there, and now that that's gone, so are they. :bigclap:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I hate to say this, but then you must have been freaking blind or one of the ones doing the bashing, because it was as evident as light is from dark. LOL

In regards to SBS, sure we had a few pop up from time to time that bashed XM, but they were dealt with immediately, unlike the bunch at XM411, when the admin and mods actually participated in the bashing.

Again, you must have been blind!

I think the next post sums it up pretty nicely
!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

SBS was generally welcoming of an occassional XM listener who wandered over. I registered there about 1 year before I actually got Sirius to learn a bit more about it and everybody there was extremely friendly and helpful.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I just started this thread to say goodbye. :bigcry:

I should have known the "SIRIUS PEOPLE" would put down the site.

I had fun at SIRIUS BACKSTAGE. :nana:

:ignore:

Well it isn't really goodbye until the site goes dark!

There are no Sirius only people anymore, its SIRIUS XM now DAWG! I had XM longer than I did SIRIUS and still have XM to this day. I just didn't appreciate the attitude and mentality of many of the posters that was allowed and even condoned by those in charge. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong!

I alway enjoyed SBS too, but it too had its hey day and is REALLY gone! :)