XM users with the best of Sirius

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i'm thinkin of switching services and need your all's help. is XM putting the driver2crew channels on XM talk show channels or are they putting them on the playbyplay channels? and if they are on the talk shows channels, did xm put the nfl games on the same channels or were they aired on the playbyplay channels?

i'm wanting to know because i'm thinking of moving over to xm, so i'm trying to get some kind of indication if we'll lose the driver2crew channels come the start of football season.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
i'm thinkin of switching services and need your all's help. is XM putting the driver2crew channels on XM talk show channels or are they putting them on the playbyplay channels? and if they are on the talk shows channels, did xm put the nfl games on the same channels or were they aired on the playbyplay channels?

i'm wanting to know because i'm thinking of moving over to xm, so i'm trying to get some kind of indication if we'll lose the driver2crew channels come the start of football season.

Currently XM is playing the Driver2Crew channels on specific channels set aside for Sirius Play-By-Play Channels 102-114. They don't broadcast them over other used channels. They have many other Play-By-Play Channels that already existed before the 'Best of Sirius' package. I don't think that there is any way to know right now what they will be doing come football season. Here's a link to their lineup --> XM Channel Lineup

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i could be wrong, but they aren't suppose to be playin "best of" shows on existing xm channels. i know sirius might play one nba game here and there on an existing channel because all 10 "best off" playbyplay channels are being used, and that's usually on 120 or 121 and those 2 channels are espn channels.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
see, i'm thinkin it won't be worth it to switch to xm because they'll lose those driver2crew channels come football season. only reason i'm wanting to switch services is because of the xmp3 receiver. if sirius had one just like it i would just buy one from them and be ok with that.

when i talked with a xm rep on friday, he gave me the channel lineup and told me those were existing xm channels that the driver2channels were being played on.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
see, i'm thinkin it won't be worth it to switch to xm because they'll lose those driver2crew channels come football season. only reason i'm wanting to switch services is because of the xmp3 receiver. if sirius had one just like it i would just buy one from them and be ok with that.

when i talked with a xm rep on friday, he gave me the channel lineup and told me those were existing xm channels that the driver2channels were being played on.

I subscribe to both SIRIUS & XM. As soon as my current subscription expires, I am dropping SIRIUS. I am only doing this because I purchased a new GMC truck last December. It came with 3 months of free XM. I dno't want to have wires all over the place so I am switching to XM only. Years ago, when NASCAR was broadcast exclusively on XM, I subscribed to their service.

If you look at that link that I sent you, you'll see that there are plenty of channels to broadcast all football games and Driver2Crew channels at the same time. They are not replacing other programming during the race with the Driver2Crew channels. Many of the reps @ XM have absolutely no clue what the heck they are talking about. The person that you talked to is wrong. You can certainly take his/her word for it as you don't know me either. I can tell you that when I called XM just before the Daytona 500, they had no idea what the Driver2Crew channels were. :buttrock:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
oh, i'm not doubting you at all, i just said what i was told.

and trust me, i know they didn't know what i was talkin about and i tried to get that goofy rep to goto xm's nascar webpage and read word for word what it said just so they could have some idea what i was talking about. some people just can't comprehend simple english and simple question.

so by your information there is no reason for them to lose the driver2crew channels when football season rolls around. so with that said, i wonder why xm users didn't get them last year.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I have no inside information on them but if you look at that link that I sent you, you'll see that they have 61 extra channels besides the normal day-to-day talk and music channels. There is no apparent reason that they would not continue to broadcast the Driver2Crew channels after the beginning of the football season.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
thanks gored, but i know a few of the host and they aren't gonna have that kind of information.

something like this would have to be asked to whoever the does the programming of sports on xm's side. maybe i'll buzz corporation and ask them.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Here, let me save you a step. This will be your first response from them, several days after contacting them...........

==================================================

Dear Mr. riskybzns,

Thank you for contacting XM.

We are more than willing to provide assistance regarding your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we are unable to directly provide you with the information that you have requested, however, you may forward your inquiry to our Programming Department directly at programming@xmradio.com. Thank you for being an XM Satellite Radio listener and we look forward to many years of providing you with exceptional radio listening.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2346). Our Listener Care Centers hours of operation are as follows:

Monday - Saturday: 8AM – 11PM EST
Sunday: 8AM - 8PM EST

Thank you,
#####

XM Radio Inc.
1500 Eckington Place NE
Washington , D.C. 20002
XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service
XM Listener Care: 1-800-967-2346

==================================================