xm users with best of sirius

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i have some bad news for you this weekend. i have it from a very realiable source that you users will not get the driver2crew channels this weekend. now, if you guys get them this weekend, then something changed their minds.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm not talking about the specific channel nnumbers. They have it advertised that the Driver2Crew channels are part of the Best of Sirius package. The last two weeks they didn't list out the actual channel number until a couple of days before the race. It's only Tuesday. Their Web Master doesn't seem to work to fast @ XM.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
my source is actually a programming director there at xm. they wished that i would not mention there name because of contractual agreements and by that i am sticking to that.

refer to the thread where i discussed the matter with submike and you'll know why i won't drop names.

and yes, this xm employee has my full name, username and this boards address. thereforth i'm not willing to risk my reputation.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Ask your source why they would advertise something that they have no intentions on providing then. I subscribe to both, for the moment, so it doesn't mean to much to me right now. I am just curious as to why this weekend would be any different than the last two. What reasons did you source give you for that?

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i believe they said they have only so much bandwidth.college basketball's regular season is about to end and the tournaments are about to start, so that will take up a good chunk of that. if you remember correctly, xm listed they would have the driver2crew channels on their xmradio.com/nascar page, but they never aired them.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll have to take you word for that as I didn't listen to them. What is the reason then that they would not broadcast them?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I read your post before I replied. It contradicts what XM displays on their web site and I am confused as to why. I'm currently on the 3 free month plan but if I were paying for something that I weren't receiving, I'd be on the phone.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
if you remember correctly, xm listed they would have the driver2crew channels on their xmradio.com/nascar page, but they never aired them.

sorry dp, i forgot to put "last year" after nascar page.

also if you checked sirius's website last year, they were listing on their homepage 10 driver2crew channels but only giving us 5. i was on the horn with them and even made a rep goto the exact same page and read what was in the logo and asked her how come it says 10 but we only get 5. i couldn't get a direct answer but i believe moody has stated before that those other 5 out of channels wasn't getting used so it was pretty much a waste.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Risky, I've searched all over and can't find an exact link to a possible solution to your problem. But I'll try to explain. There is a way to change out the "brain" of your factory radio to the other satellite service. I remember reading about them on the old backstage forums and can't find them now. Basically it was a module you change out, didn't cost much and switched a stock radio from xm to sirius and vice versa. Maybe a call to tss radio will point you in the right direction. They had them for GM, Ford and Toyota. If it is still available it might be the cure you need.

Edit: posted this on the wrong thread. See what happens when you have 2 threads with the same title? Just apply the above to your other thread.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
lol...thanks for your insight, but i talked with taylor from tss-radio about my sitituation later last week or earlier this week (i can't remember since i've been dealing with so many stupid people). i'm a rock in a hard place and to even have someone do that would end up costing me a good penny.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Your source must have changed his mind, because I'm listening to Gordon's feed on XM right now.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
it's a possability as he said it would be week from week when i talked to him on the 24th. if enough people with the best of sirius seen this post, then odds are enough of customers called in to complain. are all 5 drivers being currently aired?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
it's a possability as he said it would be week from week when i talked to him on the 24th. if enough people with the best of sirius seen this post, then odds are enough of customers called in to complain. are all 5 drivers being currently aired?

All 5:bigthumbup:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Or, maybe they are broadcasting because they advertise it as being part of the Best of SIRIUS. ;)