XM To Remove WLW Today

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Wow, Clear Channel really seems to be revamping their talk lineup now. I wonder what they're going to replace it with?:scratch:

I actually used to listen to the channel out of curiosity the first couple months, then found it annoying.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Not only was WLW Removed but also National Lampoon Radio was removed as well.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
Two good moves by XM, IMO.

I wonder if XM has other immediate plans for the channels...they are still available, just simulcasting other channels (WLW is simulcasting 165, National Lampoon is simulcasting 158).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
These are both CC channels and CC controls the bandwidth. They could have just redistributed the bandwidth for now.

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
Clear Channel (Premiere Radio) must be clearing room to bring some of their other programming onto satellite radio. However, I can't think off-hand which shows aren't on satellite radio just yet.

I doubt they'd put that bandwidth towards more music channels.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Clear Channel (Premiere Radio) must be clearing room to bring some of their other programming onto satellite radio. However, I can't think off-hand which shows aren't on satellite radio just yet.

Jim Rome has a contract that allows him to be broadcast on satellite as I recall. Maybe that's one of them.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Can you say Rush 'I Want You To Fail' Limbaugh? He's a CC guy, and still is not on Sat Rad after all these years.

Nov 12, 2008

There's a lot of programs that they syndicate that aren't on XM for client protection or AFTRA related reasons. In fact, next week they'll be adding more third party programs to XM 158 and XM 165. They've never been able to get Jim Rome onto XM, and Rush simply won't allow his show to run on XM.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
There's a lot of programs that they syndicate that aren't on XM for client protection or AFTRA related reasons. In fact, next week they'll be adding more third party programs to XM 158 and XM 165. They've never been able to get Jim Rome onto XM, and Rush simply won't allow his show to run on XM.

As I understood it, Jim Rome's last contract extension included a provision to be added to satellite radio, WHEN was the question. Rush will NEVER be on satellite radio.

Nov 12, 2008
That was a couple years ago that Rome re-upped with Premiere Radio. I'd imagine if they could put him on XM they would have done so by now.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
As a Reds fan, it is diappointing to see WLW go. I guess I will have to get out the hgh powered AM radio now. (great Reds coverage during the season)

:(

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Yes you can you just have to get the correct stuff for it. The app should be due around April 2nd right before the beginning of the new season and they have both feeds included.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I am just not sure if you can get Reds games on it.

You probably cannot get streaming of the Reds games on the iPhone when on WLW.

Question: I know nothing about Black Berry's but I will be getting one through work in the near future. Would I be able to get WLW online? Thanks,

I am sure I will be spending some time in the DRC Tech Lounge once I receive it.