XM Repeater

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Does anyone use this? What are your thoughts on this product?

It seems as if they are getting cheaper and cheaper, which peaks my interest, of course.

I wonder if they will be not made anymore.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Does anyone use this? What are your thoughts on this product?

It seems as if they are getting cheaper and cheaper, which peaks my interest, of course.

I wonder if they will be not made anymore.

I love mine as I have two of them. (Home and Work)

It is great not having to stress over antenna location.

My first one cost around $110. (2005)

My second one for work cost me around $40. (2008)

I would not think they would discontinue them.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Products-SA10116-11B1-Signal-Repeater/dp/B000AS374I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224574219&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Signal Repeater: Electronics[/ame]

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've had one of these for 3 years or so and I never have reception problems anywhere in and or around my house. The range is great!

I have the Repeater and 3 little receivers in various parts of my house. I purchased these on Ebay for real cheap doing bids.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I've had one of these for 3 years or so and I never have reception problems anywhere in and or around my house. The range is great!

I have the Repeater and 3 little receivers in various parts of my house. I purchased these on Ebay for real cheap doing bids.

What is the practical range on these things? Are these much different than the Echo?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Now I know Sirius has the Echo Repeater for about 120

Would this work for Sirius as well?

No, the Delphi Personal Repeater is for XM only and does not work with SIRIUS. By the same token the Echol Repeater does not work with XM. The reason for this seems to be that when they designed these things they filtered out or blocked each others specific frequencies.

What is the practical range on these things? Are these much different than the Echo?

I have mine mounted high on a wall in my living room. I've used it in my backyard which is probably 150 foot or more and the signal was rock solid. The official claim is that it can broadcast up to 75 feet even through walls. I've found that it does much better than that. But it probably depends on the contruction of your home and if you have other electronics devices that may reduce the range, like 900mhz cordless phones for example.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Don't you have the Echo Repeater for Sirius already? Just curious because both of the transmit at 900MHz and the reason I never got the Echo Repeater was because I already had the XM Personal Repeater. I figured they would conflict.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Don't you have the Echo Repeater for Sirius already? Just curious because both of the transmit at 900MHz and the reason I never got the Echo Repeater was because I already had the XM Personal Repeater. I figured they would conflict.

I have an echo and a few 900mhz phones and don't have a probem... I use it all the time around the house with my boombox.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England

I do. I also have some cordless house phones. I think they are 5.? gHz.

I'm not sure if they'd conflict.

I guess I have to get one to find out.

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
50 bucks for it on Amazon. I want to pull the trigger, but I can't find a reason I'd need it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have an echo and a few 900mhz phones and don't have a probem... I use it all the time around the house with my boombox.

Well that is good news. Taylor had sent me one of those Sirius Conductor Home System to test out and not only did it not work very well because of my XM Repeater it reduced the range of my XM repeater dramatically. If I turned off one or the other it worked okay.

Admittedly though they were both in my living room. Perhaps if they had been in separate part of the house the results had been different. Geez, I haven't used a 900MHz phone in years. In fact I don't think you can even buy them anymore can you? I think they have all gone to the 5.6 and 6.7 spectrum.

REMilk

Oct 27, 2008
Glen Allen, VA
I have one that I need on some office buildings. It works great. For about a year, I set one up in my car in the office parking lot so I could get XM in the office.

I used a DC-AC converter and a solar trickle charger for the car battery, I never had a problem with a dead battery.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
50 bucks for it on Amazon. I want to pull the trigger, but I can't find a reason I'd need it.

I guess if you get a signal anywhere, you will not need it. In the future, if you change living quarters, you may need it. You will probably be able to always get one though for around that price.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Products-SA10116-11B1-Signal-Repeater/dp/B000AS374I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225157729&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Signal Repeater: Electronics[/ame]

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Basically they could create one of these that would work with both services. The each made one and blocked the others frequencies. Now that they are one and the same, there will be no need to block the frequencies. It would be nice if you could get one that took care of both sides of the spectrum.

Last edited:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
They are now down to $28 on AMAZON.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Products-SA10116-11B1-Signal-Repeater/dp/B000AS374I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225157729&sr=8-1?tag=citofgamonlco-20]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Signal Repeater: Electronics[/ame]

Reactions: MM