XM Repeater

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by MM, Oct 20, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Thanks goreads2!

Since I only have XM now, I decided to go ahead and buy 2 more of the antennas, especially now that I have the XMBB1 Boombox, I am one antenna short, then I'll have one to use on my patio without having move them around. I got these for $12 each with free shipping on Amazon.
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Cool and yes, AMAZON has the XM Repeater Antenna cheap. I have bought two others on AMAZON so I have a total of three.
  3. MM

MM Administrator

Yeah, thanks goreds2.

I will buy this set up and an extra repeater antenna as well. I will have Sirius or XM separately until they completely merge together (and I know I have some time!).
  4. MM

MM Administrator

I just ordered the XM repeater and an extra repeater antenna just in case. I get great XM reception at my house so I will just use the regular home antenna for this set up in my man cave.

Again, thanks goreds2. +1 for you.
  5. goreds2

No problem. Thank AMAZON for the great prices!
  6. MM

MM Administrator

As I was about to post a little while ago on how I hate Amazon's shipping and how long it takes, my wife tripped over a box this evening at our front door. I received my repeater today (I ordered it on Sunday).

So I rushed outside to my man cave and hooked it up. It worked flawlessly. I plan on putting the home antenna up outside and having the repeater base near a window so I can get it in the house if I need to.

I am still awaiting shipping of my $12 extra antenna.

Amazon says online that my repeater will ship sometime next week. :rolleyes:
  7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I got my two $12 XM personal repeater antennas today. This will give me total coverage (4 antennas) everywhere in my home and no more wires hanging through windows from my roof. I am happy about that. Now my bedroom, living room, bathroom and one spare that I'll use in my home office and or out on the patio when I have gatherings out there.

Yes, I have one in my bathroom, nothing like taking a nice long hot spa bath and sit back and relax to some sat music. Spa in the Spa! Oh Yeah! :)

$12 was a steal considering these things were $69 each when they first released this thing.

Sorry MM, I got your extra antenna DAWG! ;)
  8. MM

MM Administrator

I'll be right over to pick it up. ;)

I am wondering if I should of gotten another one.

Now that I bought all this, there will be an interop antenna and repeater for both.
  9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I'll be here! LOL

Yeah, I got an extra one really in case one of my others was to fail, but honestly I'll end up using it likely.

Even if they do come out with one that works with both, chances are eventually you are going to decide to go one way instead of both. I have been praying for you because it truly isn't right you being Bi like this. LOL The thing is you've haven't been this way very long. Believe me you can be delivered! ;)
  10. goreds2

11. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 Member

Actually because somehow my sirius echo repeater anntenna stopped working I decided for the sheer heck of it to try my Xm repeater and low and behold it worked. For some strange reason, I cant get the darn thing to work with my Xm boomboox and delphi skyfi 2 receiver
  12. goreds2

Are you saying you got the XM Repeater to work with a SIRIUS radio?

Also, do you have the XM Repeater PWR OUT switch set to max to make the XM boombox and SkyFi2 work?
  13. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 Member

yes & yes
  14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Just tried it again for shits and giggles and it simply does not work!
  15. MM

MM Administrator

I did too when I got my new XM repeater, no worky.
  16. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 Member

For some reason mine does. Anyway, i plan to buy a new Sirius anntenna and try again to get the darn XM repeater to work with what I bought it for.
  17. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 Member

I played around for about 45 minutes yesterday and low & behold I got it to work with 2 satelites and a near perfect signal. I then tried it out in the basenent which is like a family room and eureka. So now my repeater works. For some reason I had to have the transmitter arm down in a horizontial position to get it to work originally but with where I placed the anntenna, I can have it any where with it running on full power.
  18. skyward

skyward New Member

Glad I found this thread since I'm about to order said repeater. Thanks to all the posters.
  19. MM

MM Administrator

Let us know how much they are nowadays.
  20. goreds2

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Products-SA10116-11B1-Signal-Repeater/dp/B000AS374I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240206231&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Signal Repeater: Electronics[/ame]

:bigthumbup: