XM Radio Online

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
All of a sudden I can no longer listen to XM Radio Online. I get the following message: Sorry, your XM RADIO ONLINE account has been deactivated. To continue to receive XM RADIO ONLINE, please update your subscription. I already have XM Satellite Radio Add Premium XM Radio Online to your account and listen anywhere you want in near CD-quality sound (128k) for only $2.99.

Why do I have to pay more just to listen online? I already have 2 active XM radios with Best of SIRIUS.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
All of a sudden I can no longer listen to XM Radio Online. I get the following message: Sorry, your XM RADIO ONLINE account has been deactivated. To continue to receive XM RADIO ONLINE, please update your subscription. I already have XM Satellite Radio Add Premium XM Radio Online to your account and listen anywhere you want in near CD-quality sound (128k) for only $2.99.

Why do I have to pay more just to listen online? I already have 2 active XM radios with Best of SIRIUS.

This was a change they announced in January effective 03/11. XMRO is no longer a free option.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I thought it was pretty much BS myself. Why is my Sirius internet still free but my XM isn't? Aren't they the same company now?

You will keep your Sirius & XM online free until your next renewal. Also if you had a lifetime on either, your internet would remain free. You will also get free internet through your SL100 or SL2. XM has no simular radio with internet options.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yeah, it sucks for the regular subscribers that they can't get free online listening anymore.

I'm just glad I got the lifetime, and I'll be even more grateful if the rumored April 28th switchover to 128k is true. Free 128k would be very nice. :yesshake:

sgip2000

Oct 16, 2008
Hillsboro, OR
Yeah, it sucks for the regular subscribers that they can't get free online listening anymore.

I'm just glad I got the lifetime, and I'll be even more grateful if the rumored April 28th switchover to 128k is true. Free 128k would be very nice. :yesshake:

X2. Only 6 more days and we'll know if that's true.