XM or SIRIUS Dance?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I would be hard pressed to believe that Sirius would keep their dance channels and let XM's go. This would totally blow the mind of many subscribers I would think.

Seems I remember a lot of Sirius subscribers moving over to XM because their dance was so much better.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I am by no means a huge Dance fan. But I enjoy Sirius's Dance SHOWS quite a bit. Listening during the day to the channels is a bit boring, but the mixshows and specials at night and weekends are always a good party vibe. I understand XM has newer stuff more often, and is more 'in touch' but like I said, I don't care as much, so Sirius Dance works pretty well for me.

Agent J

XM Dance by far. Newer stuff more often, less repeats, awesome mix shows (Victor Dinaire!) The System is my main channel, but I do tune in to BPM often, and The Move when it was on the sats.

Sirius Dance just had too many repeats. But they do have their share of good mix shows too... Darude, Icey, Swedish Egil. The repetition just killed me though, so I cancelled awhile back.

I'm hoping that XM Dance survives the ax. Especially The System and BPM. However, if Sirius was to add a dance channel, bring back Remix, or make Area ... -whatever an all mix channel.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
BPM > BEAT

but...

STROBE > CHROME

and these are the only 2 channels i listen to on both.

I hope they keep the Strobe mostly the way it is. Maybe mix it up a little but they play some great deep cuts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Judging from everything else that happening, probably the Sirius versions will win.

The only one I listen to is Chrome or The Strobe. Either one is OK with me.

Cannon

Oct 16, 2008
Hello Digital Radio Central,

This is my first post here and I haven't spoken to many of you in a while. I have to admit I am suprised/not suprised by all that is going on. It is kind of surreal, yet I have never been a fan of Mel and hate what he has done to the Sirius I used to know.

I am very suprised that none of the layoffs have been those in the dance category. XM has already stifled The Move so perhaps that was a precursor. I would have thought this genre would be the first to be affected.

Well for now, I just wanted to register and say hello. I will be watching the news unfold over the next few weeks. I don't really have that much energy to get into debates and speculation about what all this means...but I guess we will know twenty days from now.

Last edited:

acap

Oct 16, 2008
I'm not a big dance fan, but I find myself listening to Sirius dance more than XM. I prefer The Strobe Over Chrome but The System just rules.

Dancelover

Oct 18, 2008
Sirius mixshows on the beat and area are superior to xms.............rumor has it several xm dance people have received pink slips and are just waiting out to the november date...............programming wise they are both equal with the repeats during the weekdays i like the beat and weeknights i like area for the mixshows....on saturdays i wish they would get rid of badboyjoe and louie devito and let adrenalin get a earlier start with a standard lineup.....i like the adrenalin shows because they are very diverse with great djs...........

Boges

Oct 15, 2008
Hopefully Sirius makes BPM the new Beat and Area 38 turns into Remix II. I know I'm dreaming, but sometimes dreams come true. I have to admit though, I'm pretty nervous what this merger will do to the dance stations.

Dancelover

Oct 18, 2008
from a reliable source.............Area 38 will be staying and one other dance channel.....haven't been able to confirm if the beat or bpm.........as long as they keep the sirius mixshows it shouldn't matttttttter........

Am I the only one who cares about "THE MOVE" these days. I was devastated when the put it online only, and have a suspicion this will be gone soon as stated. I don't understand why there aren't more dance channels to begin with. Compared to the country lineup, we should have at least 6 genre's supported.

BPM over the beat for sure, but we also need something for non-mainstream househeads like myself.

This is the reason I dumped my Sirius to switch over to XM. If I wanted online radio, I can listen to 1club.fm where they have a WBMX and Classic Chicago house stream.

Has anyone successfully received a non-canned response from either Sirius or XM regarding programming recently?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
from a reliable source.............Area 38 will be staying and one other dance channel.....haven't been able to confirm if the beat or bpm.........as long as they keep the sirius mixshows it shouldn't matttttttter........

You mean both channels they are only keeping two overall?