XM Online same as Sirius Online?

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If you subscribe to XM premium online, is it the same as Sirius premium online? Same price, sound quality and channels? Any differences?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes they are the same I think, I never compared. I know XM gets like hits one, not sure if the Sirius side gets 20 on 20. Price is the same!

When Sirius XM first merged I would hear popping and distorting on the streaming channels on the XM side, while I didn't hear this on the XM side. Here recently though they seem to have cleaned up this issue as I not noticing it any longer!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
i have Sirius Online premimuim and I get more online musicwise than on the sats. Sirius get's XM's channels (20 on 20, the groove, and SiriusXM Bootlegs and cinemagic) SO I listen via WiFi on my SL2 since I get these channels on sirius that I can't get on Sirius via the Sats. So i think they are both the same service online. I could be wrong. But I do know Sirius does get some Xm content online.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
It's 100% SIRIUS now.

SIRIUS Internet Radio

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
There are still some online streaming channels that are exclusive to either XM or Sirius. For example, I'm a Sirius subscriber with premium online listening added to my account, but I would only be able to listen to MLB Home Plate if I had the Best of XM package on my account.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
There are still some online streaming channels that are exclusive to either XM or Sirius. For example, I'm a Sirius subscriber with premium online listening added to my account, but I would only be able to listen to MLB Home Plate if I had the Best of XM package on my account.

Yes, this is true. I forgot to point that out. But there is nothing missing from either service online assuming you have Best of.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Yes, this is true. I forgot to point that out. But there is nothing missing from either service online assuming you have Best of.

Too bad I can't use my Sirius info to log in @ XMRO. (That probably comes after the billing stuff gets combined, but the "best of" stuff would also be part of the issue why I can't.)