XM is now Sirius

cartman2

Oct 30, 2008
Now that XM is basically dead (RIP XM:( ) everyone that is a subscriber to xm now is basically a sirius subscriber. Welcome to the sirius family former XMER enjoy your new service. I am pissed and saddened at the same time with this new channel lineup. This is supposed to be good sat radio? I just don't see how it is.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
Two of may favorite Sirius channels were replaced by XM equivalents but so far I think they will be ok. Hope you find what you want on the new lineup.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
XM was a service that showed great music can still be programmed, and in a way that appeals to quite a large number of people. Unfortunately it also showed that incompetent upper management can go into a free fall and end up being bought by a smaller, inferior company.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
I may have spoke too soon. The Blend is not a good replacement for Starlight so far. Too much 70's music and music that makes you yawn. But they do manage to get some newer music in there so all isn't lost. It will probably be a preset, but I won't love it like I did Starlight.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
Waaa why don't you listen to the channels first. Octane is a Sirius named channel, but as far as I know the programmers for Squizz are now in charge of that channel. I have been hearing songs that I have not really heard before(I am a Sirius subscriber). You guys all need to stop your bitching 3 hours into this crap, and give your channels a chance. Wow. Honestly, just wow at all you impatient people.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
When the Sirius channels updated, there was no including the Groove 64 (old school R&B) from the XM side-- why not? Bad move!!:(

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
When the chill channel is playing Coldplay, and Lithium sounds like one of those lame "Best of the 90's!" CD's, Sirius deserves all the shit we can dish out. Unfortunately for Sirius-exclusive subscribers, they never heard what good music programming can be like.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
When the chill channel is playing Coldplay, and Lithium sounds like one of those lame "Best of the 90's!" CD's, Sirius deserves all the shit we can dish out. Unfortunately for Sirius-exclusive subscribers, they never heard what good music programming can be like.

I don't really care to be honest with you. I can notice changes on Octane, I am currently listening to Disclocated Styles - Liquified. I've never even heard of this band before, EVER. Changes are happening to the Sirius named stations. Give them a chance. Honestly. You have given them less than half a day. Do us a favor and just cancel and leave in peace.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
What a convincing argument. You cite one of the very few channels where XM talent was brought in to say that the playlists are getting better. Maybe now you can undertand why most dedicated XM subscribers loved XM's music channels and loathed Sirius.

I've been listening to satrad since mid September of '01, and I'm sure that won't change anytime soon. That's not going to stop me from complaining about Sirius' pathetic music programming until thy throw us XM listeners a bone. If you don't like reading my posts, then don't read them. Amazing how quickly that argument can be turned back on you, huh?

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
What a convincing argument. You cite one of the very few channels where XM talent was brought in to say that the playlists are getting better. Maybe now you can undertand why most dedicated XM subscribers loved XM's music channels and loathed Sirius.

I've been listening to satrad since mid September of '01, and I'm sure that won't change anytime soon. That's not going to stop me from complaining about Sirius' pathetic music programming until thy throw us XM listeners a bone. If you don't like reading my posts, then don't read them. Amazing how quickly that argument can be turned back on you, huh?

I was simply stating how you should give the station a chance, or email them if you don't like it. You can't get a feel for how this channel is after what, 3 hours? Either you need a life outside of satellite radio because you listen to much, which most of you bitching about a channel are, you listen to satellite radio way more than the average listener(which is a big base of the subscriber base). That or they channel surf, listen to the talk, listen to the sports.

But honestly, if you don't like the change, then cancel. Amazing how easy that works huh?

Bitching here does you nothing.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
I was simply stating how you should give the station a chance, or email them if you don't like it. You can't get a feel for how this channel is after what, 3 hours? Either you need a life outside of satellite radio because you listen to much, which most of you bitching about a channel are, you listen to satellite radio way more than the average listener(which is a big base of the subscriber base). That or they channel surf, listen to the talk, listen to the sports.

But honestly, if you don't like the change, then cancel. Amazing how easy that works huh?

Bitching here does you nothing.

What can I say. Unlike the Sirius faithful I am addicted to and enjoy listening to good music.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
What can I say. Unlike the Sirius faithful I am addicted to and enjoy listening to good music.

yeah because there is no good music being played at all on the what, 69 different music channels? Please, get bent. Go get an ipod.

And I'm not a sirius faithful. I'm just telling it like it is. You people are in the MINORITY. People like the hits, and that's what they listen to. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a deep playlist, but quite honestly, many people don't like listening to a song they've never heard before that quite frankly, is a B-side track.

There is a reason cd sales have declined hella, and it's not because it's easier to get it off the internet, sure that helps, but it's because bands don't put out amazing records anymore. Yes, some do, but most don't. Most bands have a couple good hits and the rest of the CD just plain sucks. Why would you want to dive into that territory.

People get in there car and make the trip to work or school(like myself), and on the rare occasion I'm not in the business building(computers don't have music capability, they disabled sound), i listen to satellite radio. I honestly don't listen much, so while I'm driving to and from my place of destination I don't wanna hear a shitty B-Side track from Hoobastink. Trust me, they are a bad band. Just throwing that out there as an example.

If you really want your trashy b-side tracks, then by all means go get an ipod or slacker. Nobody is begging you to stay except for the csr's when you call to cancel.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
Ok, so here's your argument in a nutshell. Stop complaining about limited playlists, no one wants to hear songs that aren't hits. If you listen for more than a few minutes a day, then you're a freak, and you're especially a freak if you listen for longer than a few minutes and want to hear more songs by the artists than what's played on FM. Wanting to hear good artists who are similar but not as well known is just straight up crazy talk.

Yeah, there's a reason people like you liked Sirius. Also, need I remind you, the bulk of Sirius' subscribers came for Stern and the NFL, not the music. And just to put a little extra something in there, XM has always had more subscribers than Sirius, even despite its crazy philosophy of playing more than just the hits.

It's you that should buy the iPod, since you only like hearing songs you already know.

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
Ok, so here's your argument in a nutshell. Stop complaining about limited playlists, no one wants to hear songs that aren't hits. If you listen for more than a few minutes a day, then you're a freak, and you're especially a freak if you listen for longer than a few minutes and want to hear more songs by the artists than what's played on FM. Wanting to hear good artists who are similar but not as well known is just straight up crazy talk.

Yeah, there's a reason people like you liked Sirius. Also, need I remind you, the bulk of Sirius' subscribers came for Stern and the NFL, not the music. And just to put a little extra something in there, XM has always had more subscribers than Sirius, even despite its crazy philosophy of playing more than just the hits.

It's you that should buy the iPod, since you only like hearing songs you already know.

No thanks, I like the diversity of channels on Sirius. I listen to everything but country pretty much. I have a wide selection to choose from. I'm bummed that Maxim Radio is no more it apprears, but shit, you see me complaining about it ON A FORUM. That's what you aren't understanding. If you don't like it, EMAIL THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR. I don't need to hear you bitch, I have no sympathy for you, knowing there are other options FOR YOU. I'm perfectly fine with Satellite radio the way it is. If I wasn't happy with it, I would get rid of it.

I like music, and I don't like commercials. Satellite radio works for me.

By the way, XM was available before Sirius was. XM was a bigger brand name until Howard came around and made that turn around.

I don't listen to any talk, just speaking the truth.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
That's funny, because according to this graph they both started out at about the same numbers, and Sirius was tanking until they added Stern in Q3 '05.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. I've already proven you to be a moron several times over, and so there's little left to be done here.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Name calling is completely uncalled for, people. Please try to keep it civil.

It's clear that SIRIUS XM did this a LOT earlier than they wanted to, but they NEEDED to do it to stay afloat. It's a terrible market to be a luxury in, and SatRad is a luxury. They're sure that the changes aren't going to please everyone, but hope, in the end, to offset those upset and disconnecting with others activating radios and the cost savings of only having one on-air staff and studio group to manage/pay. Your criticisms, however, ARE best directed at SIRIUS XM. We value your opinions as well, but obviously have no control over what happens. :)

oncesir

Nov 12, 2008
And I'm not a sirius faithful. I'm just telling it like it is. You people are in the MINORITY. People like the hits, and that's what they listen to. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a deep playlist, but quite honestly, many people don't like listening to a song they've never heard before that quite frankly, is a B-side track.

Anyone that pays for the repeats that some of the Sirius channels were playing and probably still are is a fool. The variety is great on both providers but channel surfing was a priority on Sirius to get maximum variety. Not so with XM. Select a channel and leave it. Ive checked local free FM playlists on similar genre stations and in many cases channels like Octane(pre Nov12) were being outdone by FM. No commercials is great, but I wouldnt pay for it. Especially if all you do is listen in the car for less than an hour total each day. What a waste.