XM Boombox (XMBB1) Mini Review

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I picked up one of these XMBB1 Boomboxes tonight at BB. Since I am down to just XM I needed an XM boombox. This one works with the Skyfi3, Inno/Helix, XMp3, Xpress, RoadyXT.

The sound is really good, I am very pleased with it. It does not come with a remote, but the remotes that you have for you XM Radio will work. It comes with a home antenna. You can use 8-C batteries to take it with you without AC power. I really like the nice carrying handle, which makes it very easy to move around. It also includes an aux-input and headphone out jack on the left side as you can see by the pictures below.

xmbb1.jpg

xmbb1a.jpg

Yes I know I need to dust! LOL ;)

Here are the exact specs on it:

With the XM Sound System from Audiovox enjoy XM Music, Sports, News, Talk & Entertainment in the home, in the office, or during those occasions when you want to take your XM experience with you.
Features:
  • Two 3.25” low-frequency woofers, two ½” high-frequency tweeters, bass boost, and a 10 watts RMS amplifier produce quality sound
  • Audio In jack for playing an iPod/MP3 or CD player
  • The neutral black plastic and matching cloth grille design allow the system to fit with almost any decor
  • Foldable handle, internally stored XM antenna, and over 18 hours of battery life (8 C cell batteries) for taking the system from the home or office to the patio, picnic, lake house, etc.
  • Headphone jack, conveniently located on the side of the system, allows for private listening
  • LED indicator for power, volume will show on the Radio itself
Compatible Radios:
  • Audiovox Xpress
  • Audiovox XpressEZ
  • Audiovox XpressR
  • Delphi XpressRC
  • Delphi RoadyXT
  • Delphi SKYFi3
  • Samsung Helix
  • Pioneer Inno
  • Pioneer XMP3
Specifications:
  • Dimensions:
    XM Sound System: 405mm W x 147mm H x 184mm D
    Adapter: 49mm W x 78mm H x 35mm D
  • Weight:
    XM Sound System: 7.4 lbs / 3.345 Kg
    Adapter: 0.31 lbs / 0.142 Kg
  • Inputs and Outputs:
    XM Home Antenna Input: 1SMB connector
    AUX In Input: 3.5 mm diameter mini stereo jack
    Headphone Output: 3.5 mm diameter mini stereo jack
  • Power:
    DC: Normal 12V (6-16V), positive polarity, (+ inner conductor)
    Battery: 8 C cell alkaline or rechargeable
  • Temperature:
    Operating: -25°C ~ 70°C
    Storage: -40°C ~ 70°C
  • Audio Power: Maximum 5W RMS per channel at 1% THD at DC12V power supply (power output is reduced when the power supply is less than 12V)
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz ~ 20KHz @ +/- 3dB

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Very nice! I wish it was MyFi capatable.

Yeah they didn't come with adapters for those larger XM2Go Radios. This is likely due to their size, because the area for the Radio isn't very big.

I used this baby outdoors today while I was washing my xB and doing some other chores around the house. It gets pretty darn loud. This was a good buy for me. Glad I got it!

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Never seen that one in the stores. DAB, how much was it? And, does it need an adapter to hook up an Inno to it??

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes, the one I purchased at Best Buy had the Inno adapter, and the XMp3 adapter as well.

I puchased it for $119, but they had a hell of a time ringing it up because they had just got that one in and it was all they had.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Yes, the one I purchased at Best Buy had the Inno adapter, and the XMp3 adapter as well.

I puchased it for $119, but they had a hell of a time ringing it up because they had just got that one in and it was all they had.

You got a good deal considering it has the adapters.

I have the Delphi Premium boombox and love it for the XM MyFi. I bought it from someone who dropped their subscription and needed the money for $60. (Has retailed for $149)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Here is a link to the XMBB1 available on Amazon for $99.00. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-XMBB1-Compact-Sound-System/dp/B0015LPBCK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226871419&sr=8-1"]Here![/ame]