XM as a Secondary Receiver to a Sirius Lifetime?

CraigW

Oct 14, 2008
Maryland
Ok, so we bought a new car with XM. I currently have a lifetime Sirius on a PnP. Would the XM count as a "secondary" receiver and hence qualify for the 6.99 or 8.99 rate? The car is a Pontiac Solstice with very little room to try to mount a PnP, and the GM XM-Sirius adapter is not compatible with it.

Thanks!

CraigW

Oct 14, 2008
Maryland
Good point, hadn't thought about 3/11. Hopefully that is a change they make then! I haven't done too much poking around, but really can't figure out how to mount my PnP in the new Solstice. It's already tight, and noone makes a mount for it, so will have to get creative!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
With the new rates for secondary receivers, you are only saving $1/month on a family plan radio anyways if you do a 3 year plan on XM. You could also do an XM lifetime for $50 more than that alough I woudln't do it on an OEM receiver.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
ok, i've been out of the loop. what's happening on 3/11?

internet will no longer be included with your sub (upon renewal) unless you have lifetime. You get get premium @ $2.99/mo. Also secondary subs go from $6.99 to $8.99 (upon renewal).

It is my hope that they will join the accounting systems at this point.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
duh, that's right! sorry bout that.

i doubt it will happen. from my understanding when the mirage come out, you'll have to call both sirius and xm to activate both services on it.