Xbox 1, total fail.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
What joke, the Xbox one is riddled with all sorts of DRM restrictions and other stupid shit. For one you have to check in online every 24 hours or you lose access to all your games, all of them. So screw you folks who don't have broadband internet. That includes our troops overseas that have no internet. You won't be able to rent games, or buy used games either. You can gift a game once to someone on your friends list for at least 30 days, and only once. When you do you lose access to that game and they can't ever transfer it , or even give it back to you. You also have to have Kinect, and the camera on all the time. Freaking insane.

PS4 has none of those restrictions, and it's a 100 bucks cheaper.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/sony-takes-aim-xbox-ps4-pricing-policies-035216126.html

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Looks like PS4 is going to be in my families future. I always liked Xbox Live but I can't deal with their restrictions. I feel bad for Nintendo. Looks like their console is doomed.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I don't plan on getting an Xbox, I'll buy an PS4. But I'll probably wait after xmas when the crowd dies down.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
How could they miss something that big? Its like they want that division to go bankrupt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I wouldn't count Microsoft out yet.

I'm just talking about the gaming division. Forcing people to play on line and every day can only sound like a good idea to an unemployed 30 year old stoner that's still living in his parents basement.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
They still have time to reconsider their bullshit. Once parents gets the full rundown of their bullshit it might be over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

sjam613

Oct 5, 2012
New Milford, CT
I am a sucker and likely will have both systems at some point but the ps4 has jumped ahead for me. I was concerned how the system interface would be since the ps3 is lacking compared to Xbox Live but videos have shown the improvement on the ps4.

It all really is dependent on my gaming friends though who are all on the 360. . If they all get Xbox then I would tend to go that way to be able to game with them.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm just talking about the gaming division. Forcing people to play on line and every day can only sound like a good idea to an unemployed 30 year old stoner that's still living in his parents basement.

They aren't forcing people to play online everyday. The console just has to verify a connection every 24 hours. It will do that on its own, just like all of the DVRs and other gear out there that already do that without anyone knowing.

The last time I tried to get a DirecTV DVR I had to send it back because it required a land line to phone home every day and report usage, and I didn't have a land line. But lots of people bought DirecTV DVRs, and lots of people will buy Xbox Ones, hook them up to their broadband connection and never think about this stuff again.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Well when my family goes on Vacation we like to take a video game system. What if the hotel wifi is down? When I was in the Iraq and Afghanistan we liked to play Xbox too sometimes. Guess what.... no Internet connection. I guess that's OK? It's not like a DVR. I'll never take my Hopper DVR anywhere. My game system yea I probably will.

My nephew likes to trade games in when he's done. That's pretty much out of the question. Sorry man it's bullshit.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Well when my family goes on Vacation we like to take a video game system. What if the hotel wifi is down? When I was in the Iraq and Afghanistan we liked to play Xbox too sometimes. Guess what.... no Internet connection. I guess that's OK? It's not like a DVR. I'll never take my Hopper DVR anywhere. My game system yea I probably will.

Then you shouldn't buy an Xbox One. I had two Xbox 360s and I never took them anywhere.

And most hotels will have wifi up at least once in any given 24 hour period.

My nephew likes to trade games in when he's done. That's pretty much out of the question. Sorry man it's bullshit.

Microsoft said that's up to the game developers. MS won't block used game sales.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Then you shouldn't buy an Xbox One. I had two Xbox 360s and I never took them anywhere.

And most hotels will have wifi up at least once in any given 24 hour period.

Microsoft said that's up to the game developers. MS won't block used game sales.

I probably won't if they don't change some things. Please remember not everyone is like you. We go on family vacations with a lot of our family members. Kids love their video games.

I just hate the arrogance of Microsoft you don't alienate people without a internet connection. So please explain how it's right to do that to our young military guys who are serving over seas with no internet connection? They can do what they want and you can say don't buy it but that's the easy way out.

Please remember just because you don't take your Xbox anywhere doesn't mean others don't.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I probably won't if they don't change some things. Please remember not everyone is like you. We go on family vacations with a lot of our family members. Kids love their video games.

I don't imagine everyone is like me. Neither do I imagine everyone is like you. I know some people need a game console that works more than 24 hours offline, but I don't think that's a big slice of the market. I could be wrong.

I just hate the arrogance of Microsoft you don't alienate people without a internet connection. So please explain how it's right to do that to our young military guys who are serving over seas with no internet connection? They can do what they want and you can say don't buy it but that's the easy way out.

Please remember just because you don't take your Xbox anywhere doesn't mean others don't.

I'd say a lot of product design decisions are made with very little thought to how they will impact troops serving overseas. Microsoft is no different. And hopefully that number will be greatly reduced by the end of Xbox One's lifecycle.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Please. Save $200 and go Nintendo.

It's to much of a kids console for me. Plus Wii U upcoming games analysis: not enough to save Nintendo | BGR

I don't imagine everyone is like me. Neither do I imagine everyone is like you. I know some people need a game console that works more than 24 hours offline, but I don't think that's a big slice of the market. I could be wrong.

I'd say a lot of product design decisions are made with very little thought to how they will impact troops serving overseas. Microsoft is no different. And hopefully that number will be greatly reduced by the end of Xbox One's lifecycle.

Your right about that and that's really sad too. All I know is a lot of my men loved Halo and if I told them their machine would cut off without an Internet connection they would be pissed.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

The KoopmanBox One!