Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
And that's important because..........

8412501.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The FBI arrested this potential terrorist – but who knows how many more are out there?

'Martyrdom, bro': California man busted in domestic terror plot
A US Army veteran boasted about amassing an arsenal of weapons and was plotting a large-scale terror attack in Los Angeles as revenge for the mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand.

'Martyrdom, bro:' California man busted in domestic terror plot
This guy doesn't sound much like a real threat.

First of all, his name is Mark Steven Domingo; what kind of Jihadist is named Mark Steven?

Secondly, he served in Afghanistan, so he was prepared to kill Muslims if needed.

And thirdly, he's an unfocused idiot.

Domingo fantasized about murdering a laundry list of perceived enemies, including Christians, Jews, white supremacists, police officers, even his next-door neighbor. But he struggled to pinpoint a target or develop a plan. Asked if he was intending to get caught, Domingo offered an oddly casual response, "Martyrdom, bro". He became obsessed with the idea of getting his hands on an improvised explosive device. "We'll make it. I just don't know how". "I’ll be honest. I’m smart in history but I failed chemistry. Science is not my forte ... If he doesn’t want to make it, don’t force him. But ask him how. Details...F-----g to the letter details. Ask him."

And apparently, he was so complacent, the Sri Lanka revenge bombings happened while he was thinking about what to do.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Terrorists are not necessarily jihadists and we should never assume anyone is – or is not – a terrorist based solely on his name. Think about Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Stephen Paddock, Adam Lanza, Devin Kelley, George Hennard, David Long, David Burke, Martin Bryant, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Robert Bowers, Brenton Tarrett, James Holmes and James Huberty.

CNN played a portion of the press conference announcing the arrest of Mark Steven Domingo. The FBI said he had three rifles and he wanted to commit a "Las Vegas-style attack." He also wanted to set off bombs in public places to kill as many people as possible. Even if someone appears to be an "unfocused idiot," we have to take his threats seriously. We can't afford not to. Too many people nowadays are, to use an expression from a David Spade movie, nucking futs!

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Think about Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Stephen Paddock, Adam Lanza, Devin Kelley, George Hennard, David Long, David Burke, Martin Bryant, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Robert Bowers, Brenton Tarrett, James Holmes and James Huberty.
Which one of these are Muslim? Or maybe you just missed my point.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
None of them. I was just pointing out that the majority of terrorist attacks in English-speaking countries are committed by non-Muslims. Have you ever heard our President respond to a shooting spree by an American-born white man by declaring that there should be a ban on white men coming to our country "until we can figure out what the hell is going on"? But if a radical Muslim goes on a shooting spree, well.......

The criminal complaint filed Saturday and unsealed today called Domingo "a recent convert to Islam." I don't know if he became a Muslim and then decided to be a terrorist.....or if he decided to be a terrorist and then became a Muslim. Either way, the anger and hatred had obviously been consuming him for a long time. We need to find out why.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
HecticArt said:
Hey, content is content.

Are those two "contents" both nouns, both adjectives or one of each? Anyway, I post a lot of things here that I don't post there, and vice versa. (I'm not sure what "vice versa" means but I think it was a Don Johnson tv series.) I mentioned terrorists' "anger and hatred." The anger and hatred on that other site's political forum is every bit as intense. If any future terrorists say they were radicalized by being on that forum, I will not be surprised.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I was just pointing out that the majority of terrorist attacks in English-speaking countries are committed by non-Muslims.
Being a somewhat conscious person, I'm well aware. You may note that I never used the word "terrorist", so I'm at a loss as to what provoked this little lecture.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Seventeen people were killed in a Valentines Day 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. One week later, students held a rally at the State Capitol building in Tallahassee. Delaney Tarr, a senior, delivered this message to the legislators: "We've had enough of 'thoughts and prayers.' We are coming after every single one of you and demanding that you take action, demanding that you make a change."

I love what one of the students did after last November's midterms:

Parkland survivor sends 'thoughts and prayers' to defeated NRA-backed candidates

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Good thing they fought so hard about not letting gays join...they clearly had nothing else to worry about.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
School shootings are old news. Wackos need to think of something new to make a splash these days.