WTF is going on in the world?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If he's a nutcase, it'll never go to trial. He'll spend the rest of his life in the nuthouse.

The insanity defense should be way more limited in how often it is allowed to be used. It's about 1% of cases now and that is too much. Maybe like .25% or something like that.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The insanity defense should be way more limited in how often it is allowed to be used. It's about 1% of cases now and that is too much. Maybe like .25% or something like that.

If you commit a violent crime against another person, there must be something mentally wrong with you.

Reactions: memebag

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In California, a criminal can plead "Not guilty by reason of insanity" and then if his lawyers can convince the jury of his insanity, he'll be sent to a state mental hospital instead of prison -- but the idea of "not guilty by reason of insanity" makes no sense. Guilt is defined as "the fact of having committed a specified or implied offense or crime." If someone commits a crime, he's guilty. If he's insane, he's still guilty. Insanity does not negate guilt.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
For thousands of years some legal codes have made guilt dependent upon the defendant knowing what she did and knowing the difference between right and wrong. If her brain is broken in such a way that she can't know one of those things then she isn't guilty. She's just broken.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
1. Any source for the claim that he is Muslim?

Obviously I have rock solid sources before I post anything here at DRC...I think I saw it in a random tweet.

Radical Christians have committed hate crimes for years.

That's what I'm saying, we all know hate crime only works one way; white male Christians as the perps and any other group as the victims.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Obviously I have rock solid sources before I post anything here at DRC...I think I saw it in a random tweet.

That's what I'm saying, we all know hate crime only works one way; white male Christians as the perps and any other group as the victims.
You don't understand what a hate crime is. I can explain it to you if you want to learn.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The FBI defines hate crime as a crime, typically including violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation.

Hate Crimes — FBI

My own definition is more liberal: I consider all murders and arsons to be hate crimes because nobody ever commits murder or arson out of love. Doy! Here is a hate crime that left four people dead, including two young girls, and a fifth person in critical condition:

Phoenix man killed his wife, 2 children and another man over affair suspicions, police say - CNN

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA