WTD for Talk Radio - New Regular Feature

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Hi folks!

I'll be starting a regular feature here on DRC reviewing the various talk shows on SiriusXM based on the "Walk The Dog" forum. The shows covered will be from all times and all genres.

Before I jump right in I wanted to come to all of you for any suggestions and/or feedback about this. First off, what should I name it? Also, how often should it run?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
This will be fun to play a part in.

Maybe have the reviews last for two weeks. I think you can judge a music channel by listening an hour or two but a talk show you have to dedicate a little more time.

Will there be a thread to suggest what shows to review?

I look forward to discovering new talk programs.

Maybe name it The VIRUS II. :nana:

Reactions: HCLogo

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I think we need to dedicate specific programs besides Howard and his cohorts on his channels and O and a and his cohorts this needs to be something that is outside of the box , and involves both platforms e.g. Sirius Left vs America Left.

Reactions: HCLogo

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I think we need to dedicate specific programs besides Howard and his cohorts on his channels and O and a and his cohorts this needs to be something that is outside of the box , and involves both platforms e.g. Sirius Left vs America Left.

Agree 100%

There are a few shows I listen to on XM152, 158, 173 and 165 although these are XM Clear Channels. (only on XM not SIRIUS)

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Maybe have the reviews last for two weeks. I think you can judge a music channel by listening an hour or two but a talk show you have to dedicate a little more time.

Will there be a thread to suggest what shows to review?

Two weeks was my first thought as well as most shows are at least weekly so that will give us a chance to hear it more than once.

Yes, once we work out some of the basic details here, I will start a show suggestion thread.

I totally agree, I don't think there's any need to review the major shows such as Stern and Bubba, although I wouldn't be opposed to checking out some of the lesser known shows if there is significant demand.

Also we may include Public Radio shows from NPR XMPR and CBC.

Absolutely, I am hoping to look at shows from all themes and formats.

Will this include sports talk shows?

I think it should be called Talk the Dog.

Yes, I don't see any reason to leave out sports talk shows as long as it's not simply a news show, there must be some sort of discussion.

I was thinking "Talk the Dog" also, but I wasn't sure if it sounded too cheesy.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback... Keep it coming!:bigclap:

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
So it looks like the new feature will be called "Talk the Dog" unless there are any better suggestions before Sunday, when I will be posting the first segment.

Keep your eyes opened for upcoming info!

And don't forget to spread the word and make this feature as successful as Walk the Dog :bigthumbup:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Thanks for making this happen HCLogo!

It's good to see Walk the Dog, Slacker Spotlight, and now Talk the Dog all up and running. :bigthumbup:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Its ok and are you going to have this as a separate forum.

I think that's probably a good idea if you want more traffic. I think the majority of users probably just bypass the "SiriusXM News, Talk, & Entertainment" main forum and skip directly to the Howard Stern sub-forum. Giving TTD its own forum would make it more prominent and attract more attention.

And to go even further, I think Slacker Spotlight and TTD should actually both be included at the top of DRC's main forum page next to WTD. Just my opinion :Smiley_wink: I didn't even know about Slacker Spotlight until yesterday!

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for making this happen HCLogo!

It's good to see Walk the Dog, Slacker Spotlight, and now Talk the Dog all up and running. :bigthumbup:

My pleasure man. Glad I can contribute to DRC!

I think that's probably a good idea if you want more traffic. I think the majority of users probably just bypass the "SiriusXM News, Talk, & Entertainment" main forum and skip directly to the Howard Stern sub-forum. Giving TTD its own forum would make it more prominent and attract more attention.

And to go even further, I think Slacker Spotlight and TTD should actually both be included at the top of DRC's main forum page next to WTD. Just my opinion :Smiley_wink: I didn't even know about Slacker Spotlight until yesterday!

I agree, but that's all up to the big bosses :)