WTD 2010 Week 5 - Real Jazz

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Real Jazz
BlobServer

What You'll Hear:
Classic jazz, the original American art form. Hear the masters who pioneered the music and the new artists who continue the tradition into the 21st century.

Artists You'll Hear:
Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Wynton Marsalis, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Getz, McCoy Tyner, Art Blakey, Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk

Upcoming Highlights:
Canada Jazz Festivals Coast to Coast: Nova Scotia and Montreal
Tomorrow 12:00 am ET
For the last show in the Real Jazz series on Canadian jazz festivals, the host Shelly Loeffler covers the east coast of the country with jazz festivals in Nova Scotia and the world largest jazz festival, the Montreal Jazz Festival. (1 hr)

Sirius 72 / XM 70

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00tzcnyDL68]YouTube - Tutu (live) Miles Davis[/ame]

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I listen in from time to time. There is some good stuff there.
I had it on for 4 or 5 hours yesterday at work.
They got into a Blue Note Records session that was Real Cool.

I'll give it a 5.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I really can't get into Jazz :worried:

The channel is good. The DJ's a nice and very informative. The selection of music was good :)

I give this channel 4 out of 5 Stars :cool:

Opie & Anthony on Jazz :twitch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bSPpLnZg0]YouTube - Opie & Anthony - Anthony Hates Jazz (1/4)[/ame]

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm not someone who can listen to Jazz for long periods of time.

This is my favorite bit of programming on Real Jazz -
French Quarter
Sundays 11 pm ET
Take a rollicking journey through the soul of New Orleans with two hours of traditional New Orleans jazz music.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
this channel gets on my nerves. I have been listening for about a half hour and I have noticed myself a few times going "really? I'm listening to this?" I would say I could stand listening to say about 10% of what's played. I'm giving it 2 stars