WTD 2009 Week 9 - BBC Radio 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Chappers_and_Dave.png

Playing an irresistible mix of today's best pop, rock, R&B and hip-hop, Radio 1 also features interviews with a distinctive British flair, extensive coverage of music events from around the world and exclusive live performances by some of the hottest artists on the international music scene.

The Radio 1 schedule is time-shifted by 5 hours for American audiences, so you can enjoy the lineup as it's heard in the UK - including The Chris Moyles Show in the morning, Scott Mills in the afternoon, and kicking off the weekend with Pete Tong’s Friday night Essential Selection.

Visit the BBC Radio 1 website for the full broadcast schedule, music news, special features and more.

Sirius Channel 11
XM Channel 29

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:D

bbcradio1.gif

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
a we bit rough with the talk but the music is ok. I'm sure BBC1 is more representative of global pop with it's listening base but I still liked the US based UPop, late night much more.

:siriusdog:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't care about accents, so the constantly yapping on this channel rates it terrible for me.

If they could just play the music it would be a really good channel. The music mix is really good, but not good enough to cover them yapping over the beginning and ending of songs, along with just talking too darn much between songs.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Let's see hear, Brit Pop "hits," The Live Lounge, British News, Chris Moyles' Cheesy Theme Song, British Accents, Jo Wiley... what else do you need? I've always loved the station, and loved it coming over to XM.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I listened last night for awhile and I come to enjoy it somewhat. It was good background music while working at my desk. 3 of 5 stars.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I actually like this channel. It gives me a sense of being in England, and the DJs are pretty fun, even though as others have said, they can at times go on and on. But the channel plays a nice mix of music, including some stuff you don't hear elsewhere and some great dance tunes as well, which is fortunate because BPM has gone downhill. I give it 4 stars.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm glad Sirius XM offers this channel, even if the music really is not my favorite. I like hearing all the DJ's from across the pond.

I imagine if I had more time to listen to talk radio in the morning, I could probably enjoy The Chris Moyles show.

Three stars.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
This channel when I listened to it was pretty good with the exception of too much talking from the Dj's which is understandable , but not my tastes 3 stars as well.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: Top 40 pop according to the UK, specialty shows in many genres

Positives: A direct look at UK pop culture and what's hot on the charts right now. Specialty shows that cover some subsets and underground UK culture

Negatives: The UK also listens to American artists so there's a fair bit of stuff on this channel that you can get anywhere. During daytime, the channel's all about the "presenters" and fitting in all the necessary conversation and allotted songs before the show is over or before it's news time; if that means playing 20 seconds of a song then cutting it off to go do something else, then so be it.

Blastability: Pretty high. It's hip and cool

Overall: The station's definitely a keeper when you want some look inside UK culture, catch some world renowned DJs spinning live, and catch some alternate culture stuff such as Bangrah beats and UK Indie, but if I want an unfiltered exclusively UK music experience I go right to my Slacker player

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I use to listen to BBC Radio 1 when it first started, but I after a while I quit listening. It has some good songs, but I give it 3 stars.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I listen to it now and then. My least favorite DJ is Sara Cox. Her humor strikes me as odd. The DJ's don't talk a whole lot and even when they do it's somewhat humorous. The global pop flavor is a nice change of pace and even the news clips every half hour exposes me on how the other half lives. I like the Sunday Chart Show with Fearne and Reggie. Ditto Edith Bowman form 1-4pm.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I really enjoy being able to listen to music that isn't played in the States. It bring a different perspective.

The DJ's are ok. Not really much of a fan of Chris Moyles...:worried:

Overall, It's 3 out of 5 Stars...:)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
BBC Radio 1

Fall Out Boy is now singing the cover BEAT IT on this channel.

A lot better than Michael's version. :ter:

This channel is an interesting listen to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.