WTD 2009 Week 9 - BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by semipenguin, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

[​IMG]*

Playing an irresistible mix of today's best pop, rock, R&B and hip-hop, Radio 1 also features interviews with a distinctive British flair, extensive coverage of music events from around the world and exclusive live performances by some of the hottest artists on the international music scene.

The Radio 1 schedule is time-shifted by 5 hours for American audiences, so you can enjoy the lineup as it's heard in the UK - including The Chris Moyles Show in the morning, Scott Mills in the afternoon, and kicking off the weekend with Pete Tong’s Friday night Essential Selection.

Visit the BBC Radio 1 website for the full broadcast schedule, music news, special features and more.

Sirius Channel 11
    XM Channel 29

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:D

[​IMG]

2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

a we bit rough with the talk but the music is ok. I'm sure BBC1 is more representative of global pop with it's listening base but I still liked the US based UPop, late night much more.

:siriusdog:

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I don't care about accents, so the constantly yapping on this channel rates it terrible for me.

If they could just play the music it would be a really good channel. The music mix is really good, but not good enough to cover them yapping over the beginning and ending of songs, along with just talking too darn much between songs.

4. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

Let's see hear, Brit Pop "hits," The Live Lounge, British News, Chris Moyles' Cheesy Theme Song, British Accents, Jo Wiley... what else do you need? I've always loved the station, and loved it coming over to XM.

5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I listened last night for awhile and I come to enjoy it somewhat. It was good background music while working at my desk. 3 of 5 stars.

6. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

meh. All right music, sounded like a few of the other channels. 3 of 5.

7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I actually like this channel. It gives me a sense of being in England, and the DJs are pretty fun, even though as others have said, they can at times go on and on. But the channel plays a nice mix of music, including some stuff you don't hear elsewhere and some great dance tunes as well, which is fortunate because BPM has gone downhill. I give it 4 stars.

8. xan_user

xan_user Banned

**** stars

Always liked this station. I listen to it around the house.

nice break from everyday e'merican music.

9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm glad Sirius XM offers this channel, even if the music really is not my favorite. I like hearing all the DJ's from across the pond.

I imagine if I had more time to listen to talk radio in the morning, I could probably enjoy The Chris Moyles show.

Three stars.

10. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

This channel when I listened to it was pretty good with the exception of too much talking from the Dj's which is understandable , but not my tastes 3 stars as well.

11. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Mary Anne Hobbs had some interesting music. Kind've like a mutated Spa.
    Sara Cox is good. Nice voice, less chattie. This channel is ok afterall.

:siriusdog:

12. squigy0

squigy0 Member

Sounds: Top 40 pop according to the UK, specialty shows in many genres

Positives: A direct look at UK pop culture and what's hot on the charts right now. Specialty shows that cover some subsets and underground UK culture

Negatives: The UK also listens to American artists so there's a fair bit of stuff on this channel that you can get anywhere. During daytime, the channel's all about the "presenters" and fitting in all the necessary conversation and allotted songs before the show is over or before it's news time; if that means playing 20 seconds of a song then cutting it off to go do something else, then so be it.

Blastability: Pretty high. It's hip and cool

Overall: The station's definitely a keeper when you want some look inside UK culture, catch some world renowned DJs spinning live, and catch some alternate culture stuff such as Bangrah beats and UK Indie, but if I want an unfiltered exclusively UK music experience I go right to my Slacker player

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I use to listen to BBC Radio 1 when it first started, but I after a while I quit listening. It has some good songs, but I give it 3 stars.

14. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I listen to it now and then. My least favorite DJ is Sara Cox. Her humor strikes me as odd. The DJ's don't talk a whole lot and even when they do it's somewhat humorous. The global pop flavor is a nice change of pace and even the news clips every half hour exposes me on how the other half lives. I like the Sunday Chart Show with Fearne and Reggie. Ditto Edith Bowman form 1-4pm.

15. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

I really enjoy being able to listen to music that isn't played in the States. It bring a different perspective.

The DJ's are ok. Not really much of a fan of Chris Moyles...:worried:

Overall, It's 3 out of 5 Stars...:)

16. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

BBC Radio 1

Fall Out Boy is now singing the cover BEAT IT on this channel.

A lot better than Michael's version. :ter:

This channel is an interesting listen to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.