WTD 2009 Week 8 - The Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
R&B hits blaze on The Heat! The music burnin’ up the charts, or soon to be the next household name.

What we play: Rihanna, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ne-Yo, Kanye West, Keyshia Cole, T-Pain, Chris Brown, Jay-Z , The Dream.

Channel 68 on XM, 50 on Sirius

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)
channel-50.gif

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I hate the fact that this channel is censored. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!!!

But they do play some great jams sometimes, so it's not all bad. I give it 3 and a half stars. I still say Hot Jamz was better, though.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I don't listen to this much but when I do it is a good change of pace channel. I only turn it on when company comes over and THEY request it.
(They don't have satellite radio)

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Your're right. That was not that painful at all. Some of the tunes had a somewhat mellow flavor to them and some danceable. I would think this is a good teen crowd channel.

:siriusdog:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like this channel, and I like the music. But it seems they have a very limited playlist. This is the second time this morning I've heard Ludacris/One More Drink...:twitch:

3 out of 5 Stars. They need to expand their playlist and I'll make this a preset...:)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I agree with Semi very tight playlist, but the censorship really does kill it for me. Not that I need to hear the explicit lyrics, but it just makes no sense to censor such a channel.

Then again I have grown so Slacker crazed and have discovered so much of the music that I had been listening to on sat radio is indeed censored.

This isn't my favorite type of music, but I certainly enjoy listening to it sometimes but due to the issues above it doesn't score real high.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I know that , when something is censored is Sirius it is like are they becoming a business channel or CC jr. ? Slacker everything is uncensored with a few exceptions and I can easily ban those becuase I like to hear it the way it is.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: Top 40 R&B & Hip Hop

Positives: The urban version of 20 On 20, a place to go for a quick snapshot of what's hot on urban radio right now ALTHOUGH repetition was WAY lower than I expected it would be!

Negatives: Their "morning show" which basically consists of the DJs rushing in random snippets as one song's ending and another is beginning. Channels with Sirius philosophy believe in talking as much as possible. XM philosophy limits talking to 30 seconds. There has to be a happy medium

Blastability: Pretty high actually

Overall: There were even some dancey beats going on on this channel so I may have to come back. :)

Road Hog

Nov 9, 2008
Massachusetts
I did hear a lot of repeats. But this channel does an adequate job at what it's intended to do. I won't be visiting any time soon, though.

I'm not offended as much by the censorship here. This is the more youth-friendly hip hop channel. If you can handle the unedited versions, you will end up at Hip Hop Nation or Shade 45. There is a place for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.