WTD 2009 Week 33 - The Roadhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The Roadhouse is THE place for the classic sound of REAL country music, featuring timeless recordings from the country legends and Hall of Fame members from the mid-'60s to late '80s.

Where it all started. Nothing but classics from Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Tammy Wynette, Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline and more. Legendary music from the Hall of Fame to the Grand Ole Opry... it's what real country music is made of.

What we play: Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, George Jones, and many more.

The Grand Ole Opry
Tuesdays 8pm ET
Commercial-Free Encores: Fridays 7 pm ET; Saturdays 8 pm ET
Recognized around the world for showcasing the best in live American country music, the Grand Ole Opry is the oldest running radio program in the U.S. Its legendary stage has helped to shape important music stars, performances, and moments in country music history. That tradition continues on The Roadhouse.

The Best of Bill Anderson Visits With The Legends
Saturdays 2 pm ET
Sundays 9 pm ET
Country legend and Hall of Famer Bill Anderson looks back at the definitive moments in country music history with the people who made it happen. Hear insider stories from folks like Tanya Tucker, Tom T. Hall, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard and Kris Kristofferson in over 142 timeless episodes that are a true education for history buffs and country music fans. It will change the way you listen to the music!

Rear View with Wade Jessen
Saturdays 7 am ET
Sundays 6pm ET
Wade Jessen, one of the nation's most knowledgeable country music historians digs deep into his personal music collection to bring you rarities and deep cuts from some of your favorite classic country artists. He'll share the stories behind the songs, and the artists who made them timeless classics.

On Sirius 62, XM 10

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Very good channel. A lot of music I grew up listening to either by way of an uncle, or by others I shared living quarters with in the military. Good stuff you'll hear at Arizona dinners with a woman named Alice serving you :shock:

The DJ I heard was very good and knowledgeable. The whole experience was great! :D

5 out of 5 Stars :cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm not a country fan at all, but of all of those channels, I'd probably listen to this one first. It seems to do a good job covering all the giants of the industry. 4 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.