WTD 2009 Week 33 - The Coffee House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Unwind in the Coffee House – with your favorite singer/songwriters, new artists and rare acoustic versions of great songs! The perfect place for a laid back mood, a stress-filled workday, or you just want a perfect musical getaway. Settle in for the great acoustic songs and cool vibe of the Coffee House!

What we play: David Gray, Indigo Girls, Jack Johnson, Tracy Chapman, John Mayer, Norah Jones, Ryan Adams and many more...

Coffee House Live
Thursdays at noon and midnight ET
The Coffee House presents Coffee House Live! Tune in to hear weekly close-up acoustic performances with your favorite singer-songwriters.
s.gif

On Sirius 30, XM 51

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-30.gif

acap

Oct 16, 2008
5 Stars *****
A great channel. I listen to it all the time. One of the good Sirius sounding channels.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I love this channel. I do not listen as much as I should. I love the acoustic cuts from various artists.

5 of 5 stars :flex:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Not my favorite channel by any means. I almost fell asleep trying to listen for an hour or so :shock:

Some of the songs were cool. They had a set with Jewel. I liked that. The channel is lined up pretty well :)

I'm just not into this music for any length of time :worried:

3 out of 5 Stars :)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
For a channel with coffee in the name, you would think it would play more upbeat music.... :confused: :p

I have been listening for about 2 hours. What can I say that has hasn't been said. Yes, it's acoustic versions of songs. Yes, it is calming to the point of almost putting you to sleep. Yes, it would be good for Doctor and Dentists offices to calm people.

I could see listening to this maybe on a lazy weekend or afternoon when your main goal is to catch a nap. As a play-at-work, it doesn't work for me. I gave it 3 stars.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
This is one of the most difficult listens for me in all the pop/rock category. I like some of the cover versions of older songs, but for me that's about it. John Mayer, David Gray, etc... I usually avoid that kinda stuff. :icon_eek:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is not a preset of mine. I had the opportunity to listen a couple weeks back for about 2-3 hours while at a McDonalds with my son. It played interesting enough music for me not to just play my SL2 which is what I normally do. I may treat this as a backup to The Bridge but this is not as soothing as that.

I give it 4 stars.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Station of choice when the in-laws are driving with me. Safe channel without profanity or anything too heavy. Not a preset, but a good alternative every once in a while.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I like tuning to this if I want to hear something mellow and sometimes rare stuff. It's a good alternative for me to something more calming like Chill, because I actually know some of these songs but its still mellow enough to fall asleep to or just have on and enjoy.

Good channel

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I should give it a listen but I have to admit that I've been prejudiced because of the pretentious and pompous people that hang out in those kind of places.

Status
Not open for further replies.