WTD 2009 Week 31 - Cinemagic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
** On XM 76, and Sirius Internet Radio only (SIR-9) **

Cinemagic captures the movie experience via score music/soundtracks and film clips. It’s also a destination for movie news and information, plus interviews with stars and directors.

What we play: The movies are the artists. Key movies... Star Wars (John Williams), The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (Ennio Morricone), Poltergeist (Jerry Goldsmith), Fellowship of the Ring (Howard Shore), Lawrence of Arabia (Maurice Jarre), The Magnificent Seven (Elmer Bernstein), Rocky (Bill Conti), Vertigo (Bernard Herrmann), Pulp Fiction (Assorted Artists), The Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard).

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

76.jpg

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I always like to drop in on this channel and will do so more frequently since the Sirius app for the iPod. Rated 5 Stars.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
It's the perfect ambient music for your home theatre (and the movie clips and interviews are entertaining as well).

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Great channel. I heard the music from Superman the Movie today. I only listened for an hour or so, but I like it a lot. I need to listen more often.

They seem to run through the songs, not really stopping for conversation. That's cool :)

5 out of 5 Stars! :cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I enjoyed Cinemagic for the week or so I had it (after the Christmas channels, before Sirius removed it.) I chose not to get the on-line service because I listen in the house through my Sirius boombox. Anyway.. I kinda wish I still had Cinemagic because it's such a cool channel.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Cinemagic's Halloween Horror Fest
Tune in October 26 - 31
Cinemagic | SIRIUS 809; XM 76
Movie music channel Cinemagic will feature a Halloween Horror Fest, which includes an exclusive "chop-down" of the greatest horror-movie scores of all time as determined by Cinemagic Fans from all across North America. Cinemagic’s Reel Time interview show will air in-depth interviews with classic cult horror directors George Romero, Sam Raimi, and Shaun of the Dead’s Edgar White. And on Halloween itself, tune in for the 6th annual Big Scare — uninterrupted horror-movie soundtracks all night long.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I hope they have some good stuff Trick or Treat night which is the Thursday before. I might bring out my Delphi Premium Boom Box for that (good bass). :twisted:

If it is like last year it will be a lot of weird screams and God awful sounds that will indeed give on the creeps.

You guys get trick or treaters? I haven't had any in years, but living where I do I guess that is sort of expected. I know most cities don't even recommend families take their kids trick or treating. They suggest sending them to churches and other organizations which have events that night where the kids get lots of candy etc.

The good old days when I was a kid, we had such fun going trick or treating. I can't tell you much I looked forward to it every year! Too bad that today with all the dangers that it is no longer like that.

Then again we didn't have music like this either, which is freaky in its on right! LOL I want to hear some of the spooky stories!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If it is like last year it will be a lot of weird screams and God awful sounds that will indeed give on the creeps.

You guys get trick or treaters? I haven't had any in years, but living where I do I guess that is sort of expected. I know most cities don't even recommend families take their kids trick or treating. They suggest sending them to churches and other organizations which have events that night where the kids get lots of candy etc.

The good old days when I was a kid, we had such fun going trick or treating. I can't tell you much I looked forward to it every year! Too bad that today with all the dangers that it is no longer like that.

Then again we didn't have music like this either, which is freaky in its on right! LOL I want to hear some of the spooky stories!

I wonder how many parents actually TAKE their kids out that night, as opposed to letting them loose in the neighborhood? One parent stays at home with the candy, and the other walks around with the kids.

Not only would that avert many issues, various cities could probably save a bit of money by not hiring more police for the night.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I wonder how many parents actually TAKE their kids out that night, as opposed to letting them loose in the neighborhood? One parent stays at home with the candy, and the other walks around with the kids.

Not only would that avert many issues, various cities could probably save a bit of money by not hiring more police for the night.

That is how it was when I was a kid, but now days they do let their kids run wild. Many communities now don't allow trick or treating at all.

Truly is a sad at how things have changed so much.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Halloween is still a big thing where I'm at. We get 250 - 300 trick or treaters every year... and it's still a family event. I love it!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I buy the mini candy bar strips of 8 package for a dollar. I spend 20-30 dollars.

My neighbor (not nextdoor, but down the street a bit) is someone "very high up" the Anthony-Thomas corporate ladder. :)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That is how it was when I was a kid, but now days they do let their kids run wild. Many communities now don't allow trick or treating at all.

Truly is a sad at how things have changed so much.

That sucks for the kids. Of course now is the era when we give our 8 year olds cell phones and tell them to "call mom and dad" if anything happens.

"I was just across the street when my kid was abducted."

If people were a bit more pro-active in watching their kids, then we could go back to things like trick-or-treat and the child abductions would go down. People move to the quiet suburbs because their kids can play outside or walk through the woods without being watched. Over time, the child abductors realize this and move in.

Parenting...you can't do it while sitting on your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.